Marjorie C Grindo
July 28, 1924 – December 1, 2018
Marjorie Grindo, 94, of Pensacola, passed away Saturday December 1, 2018. Mrs. Grindo was born in Pennsylvania on July 28, 1924. She has resided in Pensacola since 1953 after relocating from Pittsburgh, PA. Marjorie, dubbed “Granny Pants” by her oldest grandchild Tara was a devoted wife, mother and caregiver to her family. An excellent seamstress, she shared this talent by contributing to many projects within her parish’s church and school.
Mrs. Grindo was preceded in death by her loving husband of 49 years, Joseph, brother Andrew Cutler and sister Betty McBride.
Survivors include her daughter Joanne Taylor, son Bruce (Diane) Grindo, brother William Cutler, who are all residents of Pensacola; four grandchildren Tara Taylor (Chip Sawyer) of Chadds Ford, PA, Courtney (Ricardo) Lemos of Dayton, OH, Chad (Allison) Taylor and Corey (Tailyne) Grindo, both couples of Raleigh, NC; three great grandchildren, Kaelyn Lemos, of Dayton, OH, Carolina and Emilia Sawyer of Chadds Ford, PA; and a niece Andrea (Bob) Maksymkow of Pensacola, FL.
Rosary service will be at 5pm, Wed. Dec. 5, 2018, Oak Lawn Funeral Home, officiated by Father Casserly, followed by visitation from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm. Graveside service will be held on Thur. December 6, 2018 at 2 pm at Pensacola Memorial Gardens, officiated by Father George Sammut.
The Grindo family is entrusting Oak Lawn Funeral Home with the arrangements.
- Joann Taylor, Daughter
- Bruce (Diane) Grindo, Son
- William Cutler, Brother
- Tara (Chip Sawyer) Taylor, Granddaughter
- Courtney (Ricardo) Lemos, Granddaughter
- Chad (Allison) Taylor, Grandson
- Corey (Tailyne) Grindo, Grandson
- Kaelyn Lemos, Great Granddaughter
- Carolina Sawyer, Great Granddaughter
- Emilia Sawyer, Great Granddaughter
- Andrea (Bob) Maksymkow, Niece
- Rosary Service Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- Visitation Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- Graveside Service Thursday, December 6, 2018
Marjorie C Grindo
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY