January 5, 1926 – October 24, 2019
Gwen Danford, age 93, resident of Smith Station, Alabama, passed away on Thursday, October 24, 2019 at Phenix City Healthcare, Phenix City, Alabama. Funeral services are scheduled at Lakewood Hall of Striffler-Hamby, Phenix City on Monday, October 28, 2019 at 2 p.m. Interment will follow at Lakeview Memory Gardens.
Mrs. Danford, daughter of the late Charles Clifford Harden and Dixie Luvern Rice Harden, was born January 5, 1926 in Columbus, Georgia. She was a member of Porter Memorial Baptist Church and worked for Bibb Mill where she retired with over 40 years of faithful service. Mrs. Danford loved to read and needlecraft. She will be remembered by her family and an independent lady who loved her family immensely.
Besides her parents, Mrs. Danford was preceded in death by her first husband, Coy Melvin; second husband, C.L. Danford; a son, Jeffery Melvin; and a brother, C.T. Harden. She is survived by two daughters, Debra Faulk and her husband John of Smith Station, Alabama and Wendy Stalter of Dunlap, Illinois; one son, David Yates and his wife Jennifer of Harris County, Georgia; four grandchildren, Jackson Stalter of Chicago, Illinois, Stacey Eddy of Atlanta, Georgia, David Yates of Columbus, and Charles Yates also of Columbus; two great-grandchildren, McKenzie Eddy and Jordan Eddy; many other relatives and friends; and her "several grand-dogs."
Flowers are accepted or contributions can be made to the Alzheimer's Association at www.alz.org.
- Charles Clifford Harden, Father (deceased)
- Dixie Luvern Harden, Mother (deceased)
- Coy Melvin, First Husband (deceased)
- Columbus Luck Danford, Husband (deceased)
- Jeffery Melvin, Son (deceased)
- C. T. Harden, Brother (deceased)
- Debra (John) Faulk, Daughter
- Wendy Stalter, Daughter
- David (Jennifer) Yates, Son
- Jackson Stalter, Grandchild
- Stacey Eddy, Grandchild
- David Yates, Grandchild
- Charles Yates, Grandchild
- McKenzie Eddy, Great Grandchild
- Jordan Eddy, Great Grandchild
- Mrs. Danford also leaves behind other relatives and friends along with her several grand-dogs to cherish her loving memory.
- Funeral Services Monday, October 28, 2019
October 29, 2019
My sincerest sympathies to Wendy and her siblings in the loss of their sweet mama. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you! May you find peace knowing that she is happy in Heaven now!