Ruby Velma Huguley
October 16, 1934 – October 4, 2020
Ruby Velma Huguley, 85 passed away Sunday, October 4, 2020, at her home.
A Graveside Funeral Service will be held at 2:00 P.M. Thursday, October 8, 2020, at the Union Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery in Phenix City, Alabama.
The family will receive friends Wednesday evening from 5:00 P.M. until 7:00 P.M. at Striffler-Hamby in Phenix City, AL.
Mrs. Huguley was born on October 16, 1934, in Mauk, Georgia, daughter of the late Christopher C. and Cora Dickerson Wells. She was retired from East Alabama Medical Center and attended Pleasant Grove Baptist Church in Salem, AL.
Other than her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Ruben Alvin Huguley; daughter, Bernice Scrimpshire; grandson, Michael Bankovich; and sisters, Effie Black and Ethel Wells.
Survivors include her sons, Ruben Alvin Huguley, Jr. and John Huguley, and his wife, Gail; sister, Pearl Brinley; grandchildren, Ruben and Scott Huguley, Faith Serafin, and six great-grandchildren.
- Ruben Alvin Huguley, Husband (deceased)
- Christopher C. and Cora Dickerson Wells, Parents (deceased)
- Bernice Scrimpshire, Daughter (deceased)
- Michael Bankovich, Grandson (deceased)
- Effie Black and Ethel Wells, Sisters (deceased)
- Ruben Alvin Huguley, Jr., Son
- John Huguley (Gail), Son
- Pearl Brinley, Sister
- Ruben and Scott Huguley and Faith Serafin, Grandchildren
- Mrs. Huguleyalso leavessix great-grandchildren to cherish her memory.
Learn more about the Huguley name
Visitation for Family & Friends
Wednesday, October 7, 2020
Thursday, October 8, 2020