Carolyn Thomas Saichek
September 12, 1940 – March 31, 2018
Carolyn Thomas Saichek passed away on March 31, 2018. The oldest of three children, Carolyn was born in Fort Worth Texas. Her parents were the well-respected educators Wiley G. Thomas and Carrie Frances Thomas. Inspired by their devotion to education, Carolyn served as a teacher for 43 years, 16 in various Fort Worth elementary schools and 27 years teaching special education in Port Lavaca (Madison Elementary / HJM Elementary). Carolyn loved reading, gardening, dining out, music, and movies. She married Darryl Saichek in 1970 and is survived by two sons, Wiley Darryl Saichek of New York City and Bert Armstrong Saichek of Port Lavaca. She is also survived by her brother Dan Thomas and his wife, Marilyn Thomas of Alvin, and sister, Judy Oldham and her husband Monroe Oldham, of Fort Worth, and step-sisters Donna Shapiro and Carol Souther of Grapevine. Additional survivors include nephews Charles, Jim, Jeff, Mike, Scott, and Aaron, and nieces Adrienne, Bettina, Marcy, and Adrian. Great nephews and nieces include Tyler, Cameron, Dylan, Zach, Sarah, Kainoa, Alika, Kainani, and many beloved cousins. Carolyn was preceded in death by her parents and stepmother Claudine Thomas, and by her husband Darryl as well her grandparents aunts, and uncles. Visitation will be held Tuesday, April 3, 2018 from 6-8 p.m. at Richardson-Colonial Funeral Home. Funeral Services will be Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 2 p.m. in the Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow in Greenlawn Gardens Cemetery. Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society or the organization of your choice. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.richardsoncolonial.com.
- Wiley G. Thomas, Father
- Carrie Frances Thomas, Mother
- Claudine Thomas, Step-Mother
- Darryl Saichek, Husband
- Wiley Darryl Saichek, Son
- Bert Armstrong Saichek, Son
- Dan Thomas, Brother
- Marilyn Thomas, Sister-in-law
- Judy Oldham, Sister
- Monroe Oldham, Brother-in-law
- Donna Shapiro, Step-Sister
- Carol Souther, Step-Sister
- Carolyn also leaves behind her nephews: Charles, Jim, Jeff, Mike, Scott, and Aaron and nieces: Adrienne, Bettina, Marcy, and Adrian; great-nephews and nieces include: Tyler, Cameron, Dylan, Zach, Sarah, Kainoa, Alika, Kainani, and many beloved cousins to cherish her memory.
- American Cancer Society
- Visitation Tuesday, April 3, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Carolyn Thomas Saichek
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
April 2, 2018
I taught school at Port Lavaca from 1996 to 2000. Carolyn was a great person to see and visit with every day. Wonderful sense of humor. Rarely missed a day. She also attended luncheons of retired people, and she was very optimistic and positive . She will be missed.