February 16, 1929 – July 5, 2018
Maria Ayala 89, formerly of Reading, passed away Thursday July 5, 2018 in her Bethlehem residence surrounded by her loving family. Her husband Felix Ayala passed away on October 24, 2007.
She was born in Lares, Puerto Rico on February 16, 1929 a daughter of the late Marcelino and Anna (Soto) Gonzalez.
Maria had a great sense of humor and who was very funny. She was a comedian who didn't get paid for her talent. She was a member of St Peter the Apostle RCC and Sacred Heart Society.
Surviving are her 4 sons; Felix and his wife Magali Ayala of Oviedo, Fl., Samuel and his wife Eileen Ayala of Huntsville, AL., William and his wife Debbie Ayala of West Hazelton, Hector Ayala of Fleetwood, her 8 daughters; Iris and her husband Charles Getzoff of Bethlehem PA., Aida and her husband Eddie Flores of Bethlehem PA., Elizabeth and her husband William Barrell of Lakeland FL., Aracelis and her husband Enrique Alvarez, Jr., of Muhlenberg Twp., Lourdes and her husband Santos Susino of Muhlenberg Twp., Lydia and her husband Ray Hildenbrand of Sinking Spring, Alice and her husband Theodore Bell of Bethlehem, PA., Eunice Marchmen of Chicago, 25 grandchildren, and 26 great grandchildren.
Maria was predeceased by her 2 daughters Maria L., Diaz wife of Luiz Diaz in 1992 and Luz E. Ayala in 1993 and her 3 sisters and 2 brothers.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Monday July 9, 2018 at 9:30am in St Peter the Apostle RCC, 322 S 5th St Reading PA 19602. Burial to follow in Berks County Memorial Gardens. A viewing will be Sunday July 8th, 6-8pm in Theo C Auman Funeral Home, 247 Penn St Reading. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to St Peter's RCC at the above address." Thank you for nothing," with a smile. www.theocauman.com
- Felix Ayala, Husband
- Marcelino Gonzalez, Father
- Anna (Soto) Gonzalez, Mother
- Felix Ayala, Son
- Magali Ayala, Daughter-in-law
- Samuel Ayala, Son
- Eileen Ayala, Daughter-in-law
- William Ayala, Son
- Debbie Ayala, Daughter-in-law
- Hector Ayala, Son
- Iris Getzoff, Daughter
- Charles Getzoff, Son-in-law
- Aida Flores, Daughter
- Eddie Flores, Son-in-law
- Elizabeth Barrell, Daughter
- William Barrell, Son-in-law
- Aracelis Alvarez, Daughter
- Enrique Alvarez Jr., Son-in-law
- Lourdes Susino, Daughter
- Santos Susino, Son-in-law
- Lydia Hildenbrand, Daughter
- Ray Hildenbrand, Son-in-law
- Alice Bell, Daughter
- Theodore Bell, Son-in-law
- Eunice Marchmen, Daughter
- She is survived by 25 grandchildren; and 26 great grandchildren. Maria was predeceased by her 2 daughters, Maria L. Diaz, wife of Luiz Diaz, in 1992, and Luz E. Ayala, in 1993; and her 3 sisters and 2 brothers.
- Viewing Sunday, July 8, 2018
- A Mass of Christian Burial Monday, July 9, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY