Archie "Benny" Mann
November 26, 1942 – September 19, 2019
Mexico – Archie “Benny” Mann, 76, of Kimball Ave in Mexico, passed away peacefully on Thursday September 19, 2019 at his residence following a long illness, surrounded by his loving family. He was born in Rumford on November 26, 1942 a son of Robert B. and Annie (Noonan) Mann. Benny was a graduate of Mexico High School Class of 1963. He was drafted into the Army and served from 1966 to 1968 and was discharged as a SGT. He married Margaret (Millbury) on September 6, 1969 in Rangeley, together they celebrated 50 years. Benny was employed with the Rumford Paper Mill for 42 years as a Machine Tender on #9 Paper Machine, retiring in 2005. He was a member of the 25 and 40 year club. Benny was a 50 year member of the American Legion Post #24. He was also a member of the Rumford Eagles. He loved fishing, hunting, gardening, and tending to his lawn and making his famous spaghetti and meatballs, but most of all, he loved spending time with his family. Surviving are his wife, Margaret L. (Millbury) Mann of Mexico; a son, Charles Mann and wife Suzanne of Andover; a daughter, Jennifer T. Mann and companion Gary St. Pierre of Rumford; a sister, Cynthia Bryant and husband Bill of Myrtle Beach So. Carolina; seven grandchildren, Anthony, Cotey, Megan, Emily, Saydie, Phoebe and Owen; and three great grandchildren, Blake, Jaxton and Amelia. He was predeceased by his parents. A special thank you to Tracy Gammon and the nurses from Androscoggin Home Care and Hospice for the wonderful care given to Benny. In lieu of flowers contributions in Benny’s memory may be made to the Parkinson's Foundation 200 SE 1st Street Suite 800 Miami, FL 33131 or to Androscoggin Home Care and Hospice 15 Strawberry Ave PO Box 819Lewiston, ME 04243.
- Robert Bean Mann, Father (deceased)
- Annie Patricia (Noonan) Mann, Mother (deceased)
- Margaret L. (Millbury) Mann, Wife
- Charles Mann & Wife Suzanne, Son
- Jennifer T. Mann & Companion Gary St. Pierre, Daughter
- Cynthia Bryant & Husband Bill, Sister
- Anthony, Cotey, Megan, Emily, Saydie, Phoebe, Owen, Seven Grandchildren
- Blake, Jaxton and Amelia, Three Great Grandchildren
- In lieu of flowers contributions in Benny’s memory may be made to the Parkinson's Foundation 200 SE 1st Street Suite 800 Miami, FL 33131 or to Androscoggin Home Care and Hospice 15 Strawberry Ave PO Box 819Lewiston, ME 04243.
- Memorial Service Saturday, September 28, 2019