Dorothy A Homa
September 28, 1928 – June 1, 2020
Dorothy A. Homa (nee Winkelmann), fortified with the Sacraments of Holy Mother Church on June 1, 2020.
Beloved wife and best friend of the late Frank Homa, daughter of the late Ernst and Marie Winkelmann; mother of Frank J. (Jane) Homa, Mary (Joe) Robben, Carolyn (the late Al) DeGreeff, Jeanne (Bill) Fulhorst; sister to the late Ernst Winkelmann (Mary Ann) and sister to the late Mary Ruth Winkelmann.
Grandma Froggie to Frank (Maryanne) Homa, Gina (Greg) Wood, Kara (Bobby) Schafer, Meghan Robben, Nick (Becca) Robben, Eric (Alyssa) DeGreeff, Kelley DeGreeff, Ryan, Kyle and Maria Fulhorst. Great Grandma Froggie to Elizabeth, Jacob, Frank M., Andrew, Emily, Nolan, Ross, Reid, Audrey and Eli.
Aunt, cousin and friend to many.
Dorothy was a "Heavenly Duster", Pro-Life advocate and devoted founding member of St. Timothy and St. Mark Catholic Churches.
Services: A Mass of the Resurrection will be held at 10AM, Friday, June 5, 2020 at St. Mark Catholic Church, 4220 Ripa Avenue, 63125. Interment will follow in Resurrection Cemetery for immediate family only. Visitation, 4:00-8:00 PM, Thursday, June 4, 2020, Hoffmeister, South County Chapel, 1515 Lemay Ferry Road, 63125.
Memorial donations appreciated to St. Mark Catholic Church or Our Lady's Inn, 4223 South Compton Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri, 63111.
- Ernst Winkelmann, Father (deceased)
- Marie Winkelmann, Mother (deceased)
- Frank Homa, Husband (deceased)
- Frank J. (Jane) Homa, Son
- Mary (Joe) Robben, Daughter
- Carolyn (the late Al) DeGreeff, Daughter
- Jeanne (Bill) Fulhorst, Daughter
- Ernst (Mary Ann) Winkelmann, Brother (deceased)
- Mary Ruth Winkelmann, Sister (deceased)
- Frank (Maryanne) Homa, Grandson
- Gina (Greg) Wood, Grandaughter
- Kara (Bobby) Schafer, Granddaughter
- Meghan Robben, Grandaughter
- Nick (Becca) Robben, Grandson
- Eric (Alyssa) DeGreeff, Grandson
- Kelley DeGreeff, Grandaughter
- Ryan Fulhorst, Grandson
- Kyle Fulhorst, Grandson
- Maria Fulhorst, Granddaughter
- Great Grandma Froggie to Elizabeth, Jacob, Frank M., Andrew, Emily, Nolan, Ross, Reid, Audrey and Eli.
St. Mark Catholic Church
4200 Ripa Ave, Saint Louis , Missouri 63125
Our Lady's Inn
Our Lady's Inn, 4223 South Compton Ave., Saint Louis, Missouri 63111
Thursday, June 4, 2020
Friday, June 5, 2020
Dorothy A Homa
June 4, 2020
I'm am so sorry for your loss. Dot and my mom Gen Zimmer have been friends since kindergarten. They both belonged to two groups, friends from grade school and friends from high school. For many years they would see each other every month as they gathered for lunch. In later years it's been difficult for my mom to get out, but they enjoyed many LONG telephone conversations. May she rest in peace.
Charleen (Nichols) Schindler
June 3, 2020
Throughout my life, “Aunt” Dottie Homa and “Uncle” Frank have been enduring images and beloved friends to my parents. My dad Bob Nichols and Frank were devoted buddies. My mom Mary Ann and Dottie have been best friends for 78 years, Maids of Honor in each other’s weddings, godparents to my siblings.
Dottie’s belly laugh and joking with my Dad are favorite memories. And With her death, my mother has lost a physical piece of her life history.
Rest in peace and happiness, Aunt Dot. Give Frank a hug and a high five to my dad when you arrive. ♥️