April 8, 1950 – February 8, 2019
Sally Ann Cassidy, 68, Fortified with the Sacraments of Holy Mother Church on Friday, February 8, 2019.
Sally was preceded in death by her parents, William Leo and Theresa Veronica (nee' Campbell) Cassidy. She is survived by her devoted siblings, Peggy (Max) Burgdorf, Geri (David) Boschert, Mary Pat (Bob) Kleinman, Bridget (Dave) Spewak, and William Cassidy, Jr.; loving nieces and nephews, Matthew (fiancée Cally Graham), Kevin (MIchele), and Timothy (Pattie) Burgdorf, Megan (Patrick) Hogan, David, Jr. (Allison) Boschert, Brad (Laura), Kelly, and Katie Kleinman, and Colin, Tracy, and Annie Spewak; great-nieces and nephews, Mallory and Jack Hogan, Lucy and Winnie Boschert, and Charlie and Will Kleinman; beloved cousin and loved by all who ever met her.
Sally was devoted to her faith, loyal to her family and friends, and very kind and caring. She will be deeply missed.
Special thanks to the staff of Richmond Terrace for their compassionate and loving care. In lieu of flowers, contributions to Lutheran Senior Services or a charity of one's choice in Sally's memory are greatly appreciated by her family.
Visitation will be Wednesday, February 13, 10-11am at Saint Luke the Evangelist Catholic Church, 7230 Dale Avenue 63117 with a Mass of Christian Burial immediately following at 11am. Private interment at Calvary Cemetery.
Please leave a favorite special memory of Sally for her family to cherish at the "Add a Memory" link below.
- William Leo Cassidy, Father
- Theresa Veronica (nee' Campbell) Cassidy, Mother
- Peggy (Max) Burgdorf, Sister
- Geri (David) Boschert, Sister
- Mary Pat (Bob) Kleinman, Sister
- Bridget (Dave) Spewak, Sister
- William L. Cassidy Jr., Brother
- Matthew (Cally Graham) Burgdorf, Nephew
- Kevin (Michele) Burgdorf, Nephew
- Timothy (Pattie) Burgdorf, Nephew
- Megan (Patrick) Hogan, Niece
- David (Allison) Boschert Jr., Nephew
- Brad (Laura) Kleinman, Nephew
- Kelly Kleinman, Niece
- Katie Kleinman, Niece
- Colin Spewak, Nephew
- Tracy Spewak, Niece
- Annie Spewak, Niece
- Great-nieces and nephews, Mallory and Jack Hogan, Lucy and Winnie Boschert, and Charlie and Will Kleinman
- Lutheran Senior Services
- Visitation Wednesday, February 13, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Wednesday, February 13, 2019
February 11, 2019
Dear Sally -- I still feel bad about ruining your coat almost 50 years ago. I'm not sure you ever knew it was me, so I'm fessing up and apologizing. You were and are so deeply loved by so many. You brightened the world, and you are missed. My love to all of the family!
February 9, 2019
My favorite memory of my Aunt Sally is from when I was a little kid and wanted to go fishing! If you know my family, we aren't exactly the best outdoorsmen. That combined with a lack of equipment wasn't going to stop my sweet Aunt Sally from taking me fishing. We embarked on our adventure to Des Peres park where we sat and talked and laughed and fished for hours. And guess how many fish we caught? None! But that didn't stop Sally and I have from having ourselves a good old time.
I love you, Aunt Sally. I will miss you dearly.