December 8, 1928 – February 4, 2019
Doris Alvida Larsen McOmie, fourth daughter and youngest of nine children born to John Helmfred and Selma Maria Grell Larson. Born December 8, 1928 in Malad, Idaho. Raised in Vernon, Utah and Woods Cross, Utah.
Upon the death of her father in 1943 the family moved to Yale Avenue in Salt Lake City. She graduated from West High in 1947 where she met the love of her life Ed McOmie. They were married August 16, 1947 in Salt Lake. They were sealed in the Jordan Valley Temple May 13, 1993. Doris was truly and earthly angel. She never spoke against anyone and was always giving and loving to every one she met. She did factory work until an industrial accident forced her early retirement. She especially loved her family and would sacrifice anything for them. She loved long rides, picnics, Frank Sinatra, and attending anything that her children, grand children, and great-grand children were involved in. She will be missed so very much.
She is survived by her 4 children, her companion daughter Neta, Salt Lake; Dave McOmie (Kathy), Olathe,CO; Kay Hill (Gary), Lehi,UT; Kathleen Hartman (Bob), West Jordan; 9 living grandchildren, 22 great-grandchildren and 6 great-great- grand children and 1 brother Everett (Thelda) Larson, St.George, UT. She was preceded in death by her parents, her loving husband David Edward McOmie Sr., beloved grandson Adam Hartman and great-granddaughter McKayla Tuckey, 4 brothers and 3 sisters.
The family would like to thank all the staff at Harmony Hospice for the provided, loving care for Doris.
Rest in Peace and Love Dear Angel.
A viewing will be held on Friday, February 8th evening from 6:00 to 8:00 at Wasatch Lawns Mortuary 3401 S. Highland Dr. A funeral service will be held on Saturday, February 9th from 11:00 to Noon at the Forest Dale LDS church on 729 East Ashton Avenue, SLC. A viewing will be held 1 hour prior. The Grave side services are at 12:30 at Wasatch Lawn Cemetery.
- Neta McOmie, Compaion Daughter
- Dave (Kathy) McOmie, Son
- Kay (Gary) Hill, Daughter
- Kathleen(Bob) Hartman, Daughter
- Everett9Theda) Larson, Brother
- David Edward McOmie Sr., Husband
- John Helmfred, Father
- Selma Maria Grell Larson, Mother
- Doris leaves behind 9 living grandchildren, 22 great-grandchildren and 6 great-great grandchildren.
- Max Wahlberg, Grandson, Pallbearer
- Shaun Hill, Grandson, Pallbearer
- Michael Hartman, Grandson, Pallbearer
- Derrick Sutherland, Grandson-in-law, Pallbearer
- Arthur Peasnall, Grandson-in-law, Pallbearer
- Brandon Tuckey, Grandson-in-law, Pallbearer
- Dwayne Richins, Grandson-in-law, Pallbearer
- Glen Thompson, Grandson-in-law, Pallbearer
- David E. McOmie Jr., Son, Honorary Pallbearer
- Gary Hill, Son-in-law, Honorary Pallbearer
- Bob Hartman, Son-in-law, Honorary Pallbearer
- Braxton Tuckey, Grandson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Teagan Tuckey, Grandson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Collin Wahlberg, Grandson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Kaden Richens, Great Grandson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dylan Walk, Great Grandson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Viewing Friday, February 8, 2019
- Viewing Prior to Funeral Service Saturday, February 9, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, February 9, 2019
Jim and Pauline Thacher
February 10, 2019
We remember the many times that Neta brought Doris to Toastmaster meetings and parties. She came with a pleasant smile and fully participated in activities. Neta and Doris always sent us a Christmas card. We will miss these contacts with her. We value the friendship.
We pray that God will grant His peace to the family.
February 7, 2019
Doris was more than a grandma to my daughter Daniele. She was her second mother. Doris was always there for Dani and me with love that was unconditional. She was there in times that I couldn't be. I love you so much Doris and will always remember you with all the love and respect that you always had for others. You are truly an angel.
February 7, 2019
Oh Grams. You sweet, sweet angel. You were always so sweet to me, as Dani's tag-a-long. I think there were times I spend more time at your house than my own. I love you like my own Grams. You never treated me any differently. You were an angel here with us, so I know you are are flying high above your loved ones now. Until we see you on the other side, fly high sweet angel.
February 6, 2019
Aunt Doris was such a wonderful and kind woman. I loved sitting down and visiting with her when I went home to Salt Lake. She always had a story or interesting things to say about our family. She kept me up to speed on goings on. She will be truly missed!
February 6, 2019
My Angel on Earth is now my Heavenly Guardian Angel. I feel as that I am the luckiest girl in the world to have had this woman as my Grams. There was no other woman like her. The most loving and accepting person I have ever known. She was "Grandma" to everyone. She loved everyone but especially her family. My best friend, my life coach, my sanity.... she made me who Iam today. Rest in Paradise and peace. Spread those wings and fly. Love you Grams