October 22, 1934 – May 13, 2018
Manuel Pinho, 83, of Dartmouth, passed away on Sunday, May 13, 2018 at Rhode Island Hospital following a brief illness. He was the husband of Marguerite M. (Carrier) Pinho with whom he shared 43 years of marriage.
Born in New Bedford, the son of the late John Pinho Sr. and Mary (Nunes) Pinho, he lived most of his life in Dartmouth.
Mr. Pinho served in the United States Army, National Guard and Army Reserves.
He had worked as a mechanic for the telephone company for many years until his retirement.
Manuel enjoyed country and western music, reading, search-a-word and hidden picture puzzles and the Rubix cube.
Surviving in addition to his wife is a sister, Deolinda Sylvia and her husband Manuel of New Bedford; his goddaughter, Stacy Amador and her husband Robert and their children Benjamin and Isaiah. He was predeceased by his siblings, John Pinho Jr., Aurora Rebello, Louise Watts, Antonia Souza and Otilia Allen.
His Funeral will be held on Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 9 am from the WARING-SULLIVAN HOME at DARTMOUTH, 230 Russells Mills Rd., Dartmouth followed by a Funeral mass at 10 am in St. Mary’s Church, 783 Dartmouth St., Dartmouth. Burial in South Dartmouth Cemetery. Visiting hours Wednesday 4-7 pm. For online tributes please visit: www.waring-sullivan.com
- The late John Pinho, Sr., Father
- Mary (Nunes) Pinho, Mother
- Marguerite M. (Carrier) Pinho, Wife
- Deolinda Sylvia and her husband Manuel, Sister
- Stacy Amador and her husband Robert and their children Benjamin and Isaiah, Goddaughter
- He was predeceased by his siblings, John Pinho Jr., Aurora Rebello, Louise Watts, Antonia Souza and Otilia Allen.
- Visitation Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- Funeral Thursday, May 17, 2018
- Funeral Mass Thursday, May 17, 2018