Betty Ruth Presnell
October 23, 1929 – April 11, 2018
Betty Ruth Presnell, age 88, of St. Louis, passed away at her home on April 11, 2018. She is the wife of Robert Presnell, who preceded her in death. Betty was born October 23, 1929 in Patton, Mo., a daughter of Jessee Ray and Viola Tallent, nee Long. She is survived by a son and daughter-in-law Ray L. and Julie K. Presnell; grandchildren Shannon N. Presnell and Robert F. (Brittany) Presnell; a great-granddaughter Olivia Cate Presnell and a sister Sophia Pearl Dean Tallent-Wagner. Betty was preceded in death by her parents, and siblings Norman Tallent, Rose Tallent Davenport, Donald Tallent and Audrey Faye Tallent Mungle.
Betty was a member of Twin Rivers Church. She worked as a teachers assistant at a school for handicapped children. In her later life she worked at the Donut Stop in Lemay. In her spare time she enjoyed to sew and loved canning her own vegetables for the family.
A funeral service will be held at 6:00 p.m., Friday, April 20, at Hoffmeister South County Chapel, 1515 Lemay Ferry Road, St. Louis, Mo. 63125. A reception will follow. Visitation is at the funeral home from 4:00 p.m. until the time of service. A graveside service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, April 21, at the Patton Methodist Cemetery in Patton, Mo.
- Jessee Ray Tallent, Father
- Viola Tallent nee Long, Mother
- Robert Presnell, Husband
- Ray L. Presnell, Son
- Julie K Presnell, Daughter-in-law
- Shannon N. Presnell, Granddaughter
- Robert F. (Brittany) Presnell, Grandson
- Olivia Cate Presnell, Great Granddaughter
- Sophia Pearl Dean Tallent Wagner, Sister
- Norman Tallent, Brother
- Rose Tallent Davenport, Sister
- Donald Tallent, Brother
- Audrey Faye Tallent Mungle, Sister
- Visitation Friday, April 20, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, April 20, 2018
- Graveside Service Saturday, April 21, 2018