Eloise B. Hayden
February 17, 1929 – February 20, 2019
Eloise (Bledsoe) Hayden, 90, passed away peacefully on Wednesday February 20, 2019 at the Heath House in Lincolnton. When she was able Eloise was an active member at Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Alexis. Eloise enjoyed sewing, shopping and gardening. She was known for both her vegetable and flower gardens. She could grow Gerber Daises year after year. They continue to bloom even now. Professionally she was the Ladies Wear Manager at the Woolco Department Store where she retired. She will be dearly missed by all that knew and loved her.
Eloise is preceded in death by her husband of 46 years, Harry Sephus Hayden in 1992. She is the last of four children with three brothers preceding her in death. Her granddaughter, Ashley Brotherton, also preceded her in death.
Eloise is survived by her three children: Donald Harry Hayden, Susan Brotherton and Janette Blair. Missing their grandmother are Mitchell Brotherton, Daniel Blair and Chad Hayden. Eloise leaves behind two great-grandchildren – Madison Brotherton and Sarah Jordan.
A celebration of Eloise’s life will be held at 2:00 P.M. on Sunday February 24, 2019 at Mt. Zion Baptist Church, 2151 Mt. Zion Church Road, Alexis. The family will receive friends before the service from 1:00 P.M. to 2:00 P.M. Burial will follow the service at the church’s cemetery. Pastors Joel Collette and Ken Gibson will offer words of encouragement and hope to all that gather to remember Eloise and to celebrate her live.
Fond memories and condolences may be left at www.carothersfuneralhomestanley.com
The staff at Carothers Funeral Home in Stanley is honored to serve the Hayden family.
- Cora Alice Bledsoe, Mother
- William Monrow Braxton Bledsoe, Father
- Harry Sephus Hayden, Husband
- Susan Brotherton, Daughter
- Janette Blair, Daughter
- Donald Harry Hayden, Son
- Ashley Brotherton, Granddaughter
- Mitchell Brotherton, Grandson
- Daniel Blair, Grandson
- Chad Hayden, Grandson
- Madison Brotherton, Great Granddaughter
- Sarah Jordan, Great Granddaughter
- Eloise is the last of four children. Three brothers have preceded her in death.
- Receiving of Friends Sunday, February 24, 2019
- Celebration of Life Service Sunday, February 24, 2019
- Committal Service Sunday, February 24, 2019