January 4, 1942 – May 15, 2018
Sulphur- Placide Daigle, 76, died Tuesday, May 15, 2018, in his residence.
He was a native of Rayne and had been a resident of Sulphur for the last 64 years. Placide enjoyed making boudin and sausage, and spending time with family and friends. He retired as a Heavy Equipment Operator with D&G Construction after many years of service.
Survivors include his wife, Peggy Daigle; his children, Wilson Daigle and Anna Daigle, all of Sulphur; his daughter-in-law, Brandi Chasson; and his grandchildren, Nevaeh Chasson, Noah Lee Courville, and Brayden Courville. He is preceded in death by his children, Joshua James Daigle and Billie Jean Taylor; his parents, Lezem and Louise Daigle; and his siblings, Lezem Daigle, Mary Jane Dies and husband, Milton, and Ernest Daigle, Sr. and wife, Debra.
His funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 19, in Hixson-Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home. Brother Vince Guidry will officiate. Burial will be in Farquhar Cemetery. Visitation is from 3-9 p.m. Friday with a rosary service at 6 p.m. and from 8:30 a.m. until the time of service Saturday in the funeral home. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Peggy Daigle, Wife
- Wilson Daigle, Son
- Anna Daigle, Daughter
- Brandi Chasson, Daughter-in-law
- Nevaeh Chasson, Grandchild
- Noah Lee Courville, Grandchild
- Brayden Courville, Grandchild
- Joshua James Daigle, Son
- Billie Jean Taylor, Daughter
- Lezem and Louise Daigle, parents
- Lezem Daigle, Brother
- Mary Jane Dies and husband Milton, Sister
- Ernest Daigle, Sr. and wife Debra, Brother
- Wilson Daigle, Pallbearer
- Carl Pierce, Pallbearer
- Anna Daigle, Pallbearer
- Daryl Leger, Pallbearer
- Ernest Daigle, Jr., Pallbearer
- Kenneth Blanchard, Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, May 18, 2018
- Rosary Friday, May 18, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, May 19, 2018