Wayne E. Rumery
December 6, 1939 – November 5, 2018
Wayne Eugene Rumery, 78, passed away Monday, November 5, 2018 at his residence.
Wayne worked in the local industry doing maintenance for many years and retired from Gulf States as a maintenance foreman. He was a member of the Masonic Lodge of Vinton #364. After retiring he spent 10 years delivering food boxes and meals to senior citizens in the Vinton area.
Those left to cherish his memory are his wife of 57 years, Barbara Rumery; two sons, Mark Rumery (Maribeth) of Vinton and Philip Rumery (Deborah) of Mississippi; four grandchildren, Philip Justin Rumery, Samantha Daughtry, Allison Rumery and Benjamin Rumery; six great-grandchildren, Kadyn, Kameron, Brantley, Karson, Andrew and Cohen.
Funeral service will be held at 6 p.m., Thursday, November 8, 2018 in Hixson Funeral Home of Vinton. Rev. Rick Watson will officiate. The family will receive friends 4 – 6pm, Thursday, in Hixson Funeral Home of Vinton. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com
- Barbara Rumery, Wife of 57 years
- Mark Rumery and wife Maribeth, Son
- Philip Rumery and wife Deborah, Son
- Philip Justin Rumery, Grandson
- Samantha Rumery, Granddaughter
- Allison Rumery, Granddaughter
- Benjamin Rumery, Grandson
- Kadyn, Kameron, Brantley, Karson, Andrew, and Cohen., Great-grandchildren
- Visitation Thursday, November 8, 2018
- Memorial Service Thursday, November 8, 2018
Wayne E. Rumery
November 11, 2018
Mark, so sorry to hear about your dad. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Lois Hodge (Gould)
November 9, 2018
Barbara, so sorry for your loss. I am praying for you and the boys. We love you.
Lois & Craig