Mary E. Anderson
September 15, 1928 – May 29, 2018
Loving Mother and Grandmother
Mary E. Anderson age 89 of Waynesburg passed away Tuesday, May 29, 2018 in Reynolds Memorial Hospital in Glen Dale, WV.
She was born September 15, 1928 in Marion, Ohio, a daughter of the late James and Ida Elliott Douglas. Mrs. Anderson was a homemaker and had resided in Greene County since 1958. She was one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Mary was a loving mother and grandmother. She was an avid reader and enjoyed crocheting.
Surviving are nine children, Roy R. Anderson (Betty) of Waynesburg, Larry B. Anderson (Cindy) of Waynesburg, Jamey W. Anderson (Margaret) of the state of California, Bonny A. Koscheck (Daniel) of North Carolina, Kerry C. Anderson (Lola A.) of Glen Dale, WV, Brady L. Anderson (Cathy) of Aleppo, Randy F. Anderson of Aleppo, Sherry Springs (Curtis) of Newton, NC, and Becky M. Thomas (Jeffrey) of Greenville, TN; 22 grandchildren, 30 great-grandchildren; and 2 great-great-grandchildren. She was the last of her immediate family.
Deceased are two brothers, Earl Douglas and Clarence Douglas; and the father of her children, Alvin H. “Russ” Anderson.
- James Douglas, Father
- Ida Elliott Douglas, Mother
- Roy R. Anderson (Betty), Son
- Larry B. Anderson (Cindy), Son
- Jamey W. Anderson (Margaret), Son
- Bonny A. Koscheck (Daniel), Daughter
- Kerry C. Anderson (Lola A.), Son
- Brady L. Anderson (Cathy), Son
- Randy F. Anderson, Son
- Sherry Springs (Curtis), Daughter
- Becky M. Thomas (Jeffrey), Daughter
- Earl Douglas, Brother
- Clarence Douglas, Brother
- Alvin H. "Russ" Anderson, The father of her children
- Memorial Service Saturday, June 2, 2018