Mrs. Agnes M. (Dreiling) (Herring) Shearer
March 5, 1930 – January 9, 2020
Mrs. Agnes M. (Dreiling)(Herring) Shearer, age 89 passed away on Thursday January 9, 2020. Agnes was born March 5, 1930 in Walker, Kansas to Lucy H. Von Lintel Dreiling and John J. Dreiling.
Agnes was the youngest of nine children, 3 brothers and 5 sisters. She grew up in Victoria, KS and graduated from Victoria High School in 1948.
Agnes married her first husband, Junior Herring, in Wichita, KS on November 19, 1949. They had one daughter, Debra Kay. They were married until Junior's death in 1956.
From 1949 to 1958 she worked as a secretary for BOEING.
On June 28, 1958 Agnes married David L. Shearer in Derby, KS. Together they had one son, Jim. They were married 44 years until David's death in 2003.
Agnes loved to garden. She also loved to go fishing with her husband David and have a huge fish fry and get the family all together. She loved having the family gather at her house for Holidays, birthdays, and every family event and even made up reasons to get the family together. She enjoyed listening to music and dancing. Her favorite type of music to listen to was Polka and Big Bands. She loved her Lawrence Welk Show.
Agnes is survived by; son Jim Shearer; and daughter Debra Downs; grandchildren Barbara Taporco, Nicole Dixon (Corey), Joseph Shearer, Chad Shearer (Deena), and Sarah Shearer; great grand children Jaden Hutton, Shawn Dixon, Jaxton Hutton, Denny Shearer and Owen Shearer.
Agnes was preceded in death by her 1st husband Elmo C. Herring Jr; 2nd husband David L. Shearer; father John J. Dreiling and mother Lucy H. Von Lintel Dreiling; brothers Edwin Dreiling, Linus Dreiling, and Elmer Dreiling; sisters Celeste Stecklein, Dolores Rome, Leota Steen, Vivian Rust, and Mary Kinison.
Her children will miss their mom, her grandchildren will miss their grandma and her great grandchildren will miss their GiGi.
The family would like to thank the staff at Chisholm Place, An Anthem Memory Care Community, for their loving care and compassion that they have shown Agnes and her family.
A visitation for Agnes will be held Monday, January 13, 2020 from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM at Lakeview Funeral Home, 12100 E 13Th St N, Wichita, Kansas. A funeral service will occur Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 11:00 AM at Lakeview Funeral Home.
Contributions in Agnes' memory may be made to Encompass Health Hospice, 8201 E. 34th Street Circle, Suite 1503, Wichita, Kansas 67226 US, https://www.encompasshealth.com/hospice; and The Lord's Diner Catholic Diocese of Wichita , 424 N. Broadway, Wichita, Kansas 67202 US, https://catholicdioceseofwichita.org/donate/.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.MyLakeviewFuneralHome.com for the Shearer family.
- John J. Dreiling, Father (deceased)
- Lucy H. Von Lintel Dreiling, Mother (deceased)
- Elmo C. Herring Jr, 1st Husband (deceased)
- David L. Shearer, 2nd Husband (deceased)
- Jim Shearer, Son
- Debbie Downs, Daughter
- Edwin Dreiling, Brother (deceased)
- Linus Dreiling, Brother (deceased)
- Elmer Dreiling, Brother (deceased)
- Celeste Stecklein, Sister (deceased)
- Dolores Rome, Sister (deceased)
- Leota Steen, Sister (deceased)
- Vivian Rust, Sister (deceased)
- Mary Kinison, Sister (deceased)
- Barbara Taporco, Grandchild
- Nicole Dixon (Corey), Grandchild
- Joseph Shearer, Grandchild
- Chad Shearer (Deena), Grandchild
- Sarah Shearer, Grandchild
- Jaden Hutton, Great Grandchild
- Shawn Dixon, Great Grandchild
- Jaxton Hutton, Great Grandchild
- Denny Shearer, Great Grandchild
- Owen Shearer, Great Grandchild
- Nicole Dixon, Active
- Joseph Shearer, Active
- Chad Shearer, Active
- Sarah Shearer, Active
- Jaden Hutton, Active
- Shawn Dixon, Active
- Jaxton Hutton, Honorary
- Denny Shearer, Honorary
- Owen Shearer, Honorary
- Visitation Monday, January 13, 2020
- Funeral Service Tuesday, January 14, 2020