Manolo G. Dela Cerna, M.D.
January 16, 1937 – May 30, 2018
Manolo G. Dela Cerna, M.D., age 81, of Winter Springs, Florida passed away on Wednesday May 30, 2018. Manolo was born January 16, 1937 in Tangub City, Philippines. Manolo graduated from St. Michael's High School and received a Bachelor's Degree/Doctorate of Medicine from the University of Santo Tomas/Manila Central University. He was a member of the American Medical Association and also the Filipino American Medical Association.
He married Ofelia S. Dela Cerna on May 25, 1968. Dr. Dela Cerna had a career as a United States Air Force Primary Care physician at Shaw Air Force Base Hospital in Sumter, South Carolina and then relocated to Orlando, Florida to continue practicing as a family physician and correctional medicine physician for the State of Florida. He has a passion for playing basketball in his younger years. He also enjoyed playing chess and mah jong.
He is survived by his five children;. son Roderick John (Rose), daughter Janice, daughter Patricia (Kevin)Matlock, son Manolo Noel (Cece) and son Kevin (Jill).He will also be missed by his five beautiful grandchildren; Augustin, RJ, Adelene, Sylvie and Audrey, whom he loved and adored very dearly. Manolo is also survived by his sister, Montseratt Dela Cerna and his brother Bobby Dela Cerna.
A visitation for Manolo will be held Tuesday, June 5, 2018 from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Baldwin Fairchild Funeral Home, 7520 Aloma Avenue, Winter Park, Florida 32792. A funeral service will occur Wednesday, June 6, 2018 from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM at Saints Peter & Paul Catholic Church, 5300 Old Howell Branch Road, Winter Park, Florida 32792. A committal service will occur Wednesday, June 6, 2018 from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM at Glen Haven Memorial Park, 2300 Temple Drive, Winter Park, Florida 32789.
- Roderick John (Rose) Dela Cerna, Son
- Janice Dela Cerna, Daughter
- Patricia (Kevin) Matlock, Daughter
- Manolo Noel (Cece) Dela Cerna, Son
- Kevin (Jill) Dela Cerna, Son
- Montseratt Dela Cerna, Sister
- Bobby Dela Cerna, Brother
- Dr. Dela Cerna also leaves behind his five beautiful grandchildren; Augustin, RJ, Adelene, Sylvie and Audrey, whom he loved and adored very dearly
- Visitation Tuesday, June 5, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, June 6, 2018
- Committal Service Wednesday, June 6, 2018