Juan Jose Garza Sr.
29 June, 1945 – 16 June, 2021
Jose Juan Garza Sr. 75, entered eternal rest Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
He was a devoted husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather who was born in Brownsville, Texas. He worked countless hours at Luby's Cafeteria for over 34 years, starting as a dishwasher and rising through the ranks to becoming kitchen supervisor. After retiring from Luby's, Juan devoted countless hours to his family. Unprompted, he worked wherever he saw he was needed. He cooked, cleaned, helped with yardwork and helped care for his children and grandchildren. As a man of strong faith, Juan attended Immaculate Conception Cathedral with his family and was previously active with the men's club. He cooked the food for many church fundraisers and Kermeses over the years. Juan was immensely proud of his children and considered them his greatest accomplishment. In addition to serving his family, Juan loved to play Bingo, chalupa, lottery/scratch offs and amusing his wife by rooting against the sport teams she supported. He will be dearly missed but never forgotten.
He is preceded in death by his parents Atenogenes Garza and Paula P. Garza, sisters; Olivia Garcia, Irma Guerrero, brother; Jesse Garza.
He is survived by his devoted wife of 54 years, Hortencia Garza, children; Elizabeth (Robert) Stone, Juan Jose (Sonia) Garza Jr., Judy Ann (David) De Leon, Armando Lee (Eva) Garza, siblings; Telesforo Garza, Yolanda Lopes, 11 grandchildren; 5 great grandchildren.
Pallbearers will be Juan Jose Garza Jr., Armando Lee Garza, David De Leon, Robert J. Stone, Brandon Garza, LCPL Michael De Leon, Robert John Stone, and Filiberto Reyna. Honarary Pallbearer will be Darian Atenogenes Garza.
A visitation will be held Tuesday, June 22, 2021 from 3pm - 11pm with a rosary at 7pm in Chapel of Peace. A mass will be held at Immaculate Conception Cathedral at 2pm, followed by a burial at Rose Lawn Memorial Gardens.
Funeral arrangements have been entrusted to the care of Funeraria Del Angel Buena Vista, 125 McDavitt Blvd., Brownsville, TX., 956-541-5400, Dignity Memorial Provider.
- Atenogenes Garza †, Father (deceased)
- Paula P. Garza †, Mother (deceased)
- Olivia Garcia †, Sister (deceased)
- Irma Guerrero †, Sister (deceased)
- Jesse Garza †, Brother (deceased)
- Hortencia Garza, Devoted wife of 54 years
- Elizabeth Stone (Robert), Daughter
- Juan Jose Garza Jr. (Sonia), Son
- Judy Ann De Leon (David), Daughter
- Armando Lee Garza (Eva), Son
- Telesforo Garza, Brother
- Yolanda Lopes, Sister
- Juan is also survived by 11 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren.
- Juan Jose Garza Jr., Pallbearer
- Armando Lee Garza, Pallbearer
- David De Leon, Pallbearer
- Robert J. Stone, Pallbearer
- Brandon Garza, Pallbearer
- LCPL Michael De Leon, Pallbearer
- Robert John Stone, Pallbearer
- Filiberto Reyna, Pallbearer
- Darian Atenogenes Garza, Honorary Pallbearer
Tuesday, 22 June , 2021
Wednesday, 23 June , 2021
Wednesday, 23 June , 2021