Lydia Schöler Cearley
19 May , 1928 – 8 August , 2019
Lydia S. Cearley, 91, of Columbus, GA, passed away peacefully Thursday, August 8, 2019 at Columbus Hospice House with her family by her side.
A Memorial Mass will be held at 1:00 PM, Saturday, August 10, 2019 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1953 Torch Hill Road, Columbus, GA, 31903, according to Striffler-Hamby Mortuary, Columbus, GA. Father Bob Benko will be officiating. The Family will greet family and friends one hour prior to the service at the church.
Mrs. Cearley was born May 19, 1928 in Munich Germany, daughter of the late Josef and Anna Oberberger Schöler. She lived in Columbus most of her life and was a member of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church.
In addition to her parents, Mrs. Cearley was preceded in death by her husband, Tom W. Cearley, three brothers and two sisters.
Survivors include her son, LTC (Ret.) William Tom Cearley and his wife, Karen; her granddaughters, Janda Cearley, Rachael Cearley Venegas and her husband, SGM Sergio Venegas; step-great grandson, Alex Venegas; niece, Bridgette Wooten and her husband Lester and numerous family members and friends in Germany, Columbus and Atlanta area.
At the request of Mrs. Cearley and the family, instead of sending flowers, please make a donation in memory of Mrs. Cearley to Columbus Hospice, www.columbushospice.com.
To share a favorite memory or to sign the online guest registry, please visit www.shcolumbus.com.
- Josef Schöler, Father (deceased)
- Anna Oberberger Schöler, Mother (deceased)
- Tom W. Cearley, Husband (deceased)
- LTC (Ret) William Tom Cearley (Karen), Son
- Janda Cearley, Granddaughter
- Rachael Cearley Venegas (SGM Sergio Venegas), Granddaughter
- Alex Venegas, Step-Great Grandson
- Bridgette Wooten (Lester), Niece
Mrs. Cearley also leaves behind numerous other extended relatives and friends in Germany and the Columbus and Atlanta area.
Mrs. Cearley was also predeceased by three brothers and two sisters.
- Columbus Hospice
- Visitation of Family and Friends Saturday, 10 August , 2019
- Memorial Mass Saturday, 10 August , 2019