Ethel Loraine Smiley
7 January, 1936 – 16 August, 2020
Ethel Loraine Smiley, 84, of Waynesboro, passed away on Sunday, August 16, 2020 at Augusta Health in Fishersville.
Ethel was born on January 7, 1936 in Rockingham County and was the daughter of the late Clement E. Smiley, Sr. and Evelyn S. Caracofe Smiley.
She was a member of Bethany United Methodist Church. She spent most of her life taking care of family and was especially dedicated to the care of children. She enjoyed gardening and was an avid cook. She was a very loving and Christian woman who was deeply loved by all that knew her.
She was preceded in death by her sisters, Ruth V. Smiley and Shirley E. Turner.
She is survived by her sister and caregiver, Rachel Leake (Shawn) of Waynesboro, VA; sister Carolyn Swartz of Mount Crawford, VA; brother, Donald Smiley (Diane) of Elkton, VA and brother, Clement Smiley, Jr. (Hannah) of Lawton, OK; many nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews as well as great-great nieces and nephews.
A private graveside service will be held.
- Rachel Leake (Shawn), Sister
- Carolyn Swartz, Sister
- Donald Smiley (Diane), Brother
- Clement Smiley, Jr. (Hannah), Brother
- Many, Nieces & Nephews
- Many, Great-Nieces, Great-Nephews, Great-Great-Nieces & Great-Great-Nephews
- Evelyn S. Caracofe Smiley, Mother (deceased)
- Clement E. Smiley, Sr., Father (deceased)
- Ruth V. Smiley, Sister (deceased)
- Shirley E. Turner, Sister (deceased)
Learn more about the Smiley name
Private Graveside Service