Alfred Joseph Martin
20 March , 1957 – 31 December , 2018
Alfred Joseph Martin Membertou
It is with broken hearts we announce the passing of our father and grandfather, Alfred Joseph Martin, age 61 of Membertou on December 31, 2018 at the Cape Breton Regional Hospital surrounded by his family.
He was the son of the late Maxime and Helen (Christmas) Martin. Alfred was a member of St. Ann’s Mission Church, Membertou.
He was a huge Boston Bruins fan, he also enjoyed playing baseball and hockey and especially bowling. Alfred was also a collector of hockey cards and collectables. He worked at the Membertou Social Club, MicMac News and as a painter and roofer. Alfred’s pride and joy was being a grandfather to his granddaughter Mackenzie.
He is survived by his daughter Jennifer Martin; son Max Martin; granddaughter Mackenzie Marshall all of Membertou; mother of his children Joan Martin, Ottawa, ON; sister Cheryl Lafford, Maine, USA; brother Noel Martin, Little Harbour, NS and goddaughter Meadow Christmas, Membertou.
Besides his parents, he was predeceased by sisters Sandra, Janet Lafford, Susan Smith and Evelyn Martin; brothers Richard Lafford and William ‘Bill’ Martin and infant siblings Hank and Sharon.
Visitation will begin after 7 pm on Saturday, January 5 at T.W.Curry Parkview Chapel and continue on Sunday from 2-9 pm. Funeral mass will be celebrated on Monday at 11 am at St. Marguerite Bourgeoys Church with Fr. Patrick O’Neill officiating. Burial at a later date. Salite to follow mass at the Membertou Trade & Convention Center.
Online condolences may be sent by visiting www.twcurry.com
- Maxime Martin, Father
- Helen (Christmas) Martin, Mother
- Jennifer Martin, Daughter
- Max Martin, Son
- Mackenzie Marshall, Granddaughter
- Cheryl Lafford, Sister
- Noel Martin, Brother
- Meadow Christmas, Goddaughter
- Sandra; Janet Lafford ; Susan Smith and Evelyn Martin, Sisters
- Richard Lafford and William 'Bill' Martin, Brothers
- Hank and Sharon, Infant Siblings
- Alfred is also survived by the mother of his children, Joan Martin.
- Visitation Saturday, 5 January , 2019
- Visitation Sunday, 6 January , 2019
- Funeral Mass Monday, 7 January , 2019
Alfred Joseph Martin
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY