14 junio , 1932 – 17 noviembre , 2021
Blanche Abbott, 89, passed away on November 17, 2021. Blanche was born on June 14, 1932 in Winchester, TN and moved to Nashville, TN as a very young child. She was educated in the Nashville Public Schools and graduated from Hume Fogg High School in 1950. In her early years she worked as a secretary and later as a real estate agent. Homemaking was her primary commitment and the family was her overwhelming love.
Blanche was a member of the Faculty Women’s Club at MTSU, ASU, and several bridge groups. She was an active gardener and a member of the Craighead County Master Gardeners. She was also a member of First Baptist Church, the Phebian Bible Class, and a volunteer in the St. Bernard's Medical Center Auxiliary all in Jonesboro, AR.
Preceding her in death was her husband of 68 years, Robert F. Abbott of Jonesboro, AR; her parents James T. Sullivan and Lillie King Sullivan; four brothers Thomas, Frank, John and Wiley and one sister, Lillie Sullivan Read. Survivors include two sons, Robert P. Abbott and wife Paulette of Collierville, TN and Gerald F. Abbott and wife Patricia of McLean, VA; one grandson Robert P. Abbott, II and wife Allison of Raleigh, NC, one great granddaughter Annabelle Catherine Abbott and one great grandson Campbell Harrison Abbott. Nieces and nephews include Janeane Sullivan Decker and her husband Skip of Franklin, Bonnye Read Bryant and husband Jack of Rickman, Carolyn Sullivan Evans and her husband Tom of Oak Ridge; Donnye Read of Clearwater, FL, Anne Abbott Hitt and husband Jay of Nashville, Henry Abbott and wife Rosalyn of Nashville, and David Abbott and wife Karen of Hendersonville.
The family will receive friends on Monday, November 22 at Collierville Funeral Home from 5 to 7:00PM with a Graveside service to be held Tuesday, November 23 in Woodlawn Memorial Park, 660 Thompson Ln, Nashville, TN 37204 at 1:00PM.
In lieu of flowers send donations to Sycamore Place Alzheimer’s Special Care Center, 8722 Winchester Rd., Memphis, TN 38125 - 901-309-4009 Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.colliervillefuneral.com for the ABBOTT family.
Muestre su apoyo
- Robert F. Abbott Husband of 68 years (deceased)
- James T. Sullivan and Lillie King Sullivan Parents (deceased)
- Thomas, Frank, John and Wiley Brothers (deceased)
- Lillie Sullivan Read Sister (deceased)
- Robert P. Abbott (Paulette) and Gerald F. Abbott (Patricia) Sons
- Robert P. Abbott, II (Allison) Grandson
- Annabelle Catherine Abbott Great Granddaughter
- Campbell Harrison Abbott Great Grandson
- Janeane Sullivan Decker (Skip), Bonnye Read Bryant (Jack), Carolyn Sullivan Evans (Tom); Donnye Read, Anne Abbott Hitt and husband Jay), Henry Abbott (Rosalyn), and David Abbott (Karen) Nieces and Nephews
- Sycamore Place Alzheimer’s Special Care Center 8722 Winchester Road, Memphis, Tennessee 38125
En Memoria De
Ayude a contar la historia de la vida única de su ser querido. Deja un recuerdo o comparte una foto debajo para mostrar tu apoyo.