6 junio , 1929 – 13 septiembre , 2020
Wanda (Waldrep) Cober was born on June 6, 1929 to parents Alvis and Maude (Kent) Waldrep. She entered eternal rest on September 13, 2020 at the age of 91. Wanda attended McAllen high school and went on to attend Texas Tech University. She married her husband Walter in the 1960’s and they began their journey of life together. Wanda was an active member in many clubs and community programs including; Women’s Club, Bridge Club and the Chamber of Commerce in Grand Prairie, Texas. Wanda was also a member of the First United Methodist Church in Grand Prairie, Texas. She was fun, high spirited, loved to laugh, play bridge and travel. What she enjoyed most of all was spending time with her family and loved ones. She had a deep love of music and her step-son Jay enjoyed playing guitar and entertaining her with songs from the Beatles and many others. She was a devoted wife, mother, sister and aunt. She took great pride in caring for her family and friends. Wanda was preceded in death by her parents; Alvis and Maude Waldrep, husband; Walter Cober, son; Scott Cober and brother Al Waldrep. She is survived by her nieces ;Terry Keller and husband Bob, Carole Stanley and husband Larry, nephew; Kent Waldrep and wife Lynn, step-sons; Jay Cober and wife Debra, Peter Cober, step-daughter; Maryanne Cober and husband Buck, sister-in-law; Denise Waldrep and cousin; Maryann Stewart and husband Jim. She is also survived by her great-nieces and nephews; Brooke and Jordan Ramsey, Blake and Alli Bowen, Trey Waldrep, Amanda Waldrep, Charlie Waldrep, Natalie Waldrep, and second cousin; Amy Stewart. Wanda leaves behind other loving family members and lifelong friends.
- Alvis and Maude Waldrep, Parents (deceased)
- Scott Cober, Son (deceased)
- Walter Cober, Husband (deceased)
- Al Waldrep, Brother (deceased)
- Terry and Bob Keller, Niece
- Jay and Debra Cober, Step-son and Wife
- Maryann Cober and husband Buck, Step-daughter and Husband
- Peter Cober, Step-son
- Denise Waldrep, Sister-in-law
- Kent and Lynn Waldrep, Nephew and Wife
- Carole and Larry Stanley, Niece and Husband
- Maryann and Jim Stewart, Cousin
- Brooke and Jorda Ramsey, Great-niece and Husband
- Blake and Allie Bowen, Great-nephew and Wife
- Trey Waldrep, Great-nephew
- Amanda Waldrep, Great-niece
- Charlie Waldrep, Great-nephew
- Natalie Waldrep, Great-niece
- Dana Stanley, Great-niece
- Amy Stewart, Second Cousin
- As well as other loving family members and lifelong friends.
Aprenda más sobre Cober el nombre
No hay servicios públicos programados en este momento. Reciba una notificación cuando se actualicen los servicios.
octubre 8, 2020
Anyone who ever met Wanda experienced her sweet compassionate soul and lively personality. My dear friend and wonderful sister-in-law will be deeply missed. Sympathy to the Family. Betty Cober
septiembre 30, 2020
To update: Peter Cober and wife, Velvet A. Cober, son Christopher and his wife. Christine, grandchildren Kevin and Alassandra;
May God bless our dear Stepmother Wanda, may God shine his light upon her, may God surround her with the white light of the Holy Spirit and bring her into the kingdom of Heaven, Amen;
I have so many wonderful memories of Wanda, unfortunately it took a lot of growing up on my part to appreciate her and her many beautiful qualities, her determination her dedication were always on display and her devotion to kids always. She was a teacher for many years, I remember that and how after Dad passed away she went back to teaching.