David Wayne Meche
14 diciembre , 1957 – 28 junio , 2019
Sulphur- David Wayne Meche, 61, died Friday, June 28, 2019, in a local hospital.
He was a native of Columbus, Georgia and had been a resident of Sulphur for nearly 50 years. David worked for Brimstone Security for several years. He enjoyed talking on his CB radio earning the handle "Hillbilly" or "Rev. Hillbilly" to some, gardening, shrimping, fishing, and boiling crawfish for his family and friends.
Survivors include his wife of 40 years, Donna Meche; his daughters, Tanya Roy and husband, Brian, and Mary Higginbotham and husband, James, all of Sulphur; his siblings, Betty Sartin of Bell City, Donna Gore of Cataula, Georgia, Carol Albarado of Sulphur, Mark Meche of Vinton, and Kenneth Meche of Carlyss; six grandchildren, Skott Higginbotham, Dalton Higginbotham, Haley Catrambone, Brittany Catrambone and fiance', Paul Miller, Laura Meche and boyfriend, Hayden Banks, and Hunter Roy; and two great-grandchildren, Lucas Higginbotham and Carsyn Banks. He is preceded in death by his parents, Elton Joseph Meche, Sr. and Mary Ann Meche; and two brothers, Mike Meche and Elton Joseph "Joe" Meche, Jr.
A Celebration of David's Life will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, July 2, in Hixson-Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home, led by Jody Barrilleaux, Celebrant. Burial will be in Big Woods Cemetery in Edgerly. Visitation is from 4-9 p.m. Monday and from 8:30 a.m. until the time of service Tuesday in the funeral home. Pallbearers will be Hunter Roy, Hayden Banks, Josh Meche, Luke Matthews, Mark Thompson Sr, Brandon Meche, and Justin Meche. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that memorial donations be made to help with funeral expenses. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Donna Meche, Wife
- Tanya Roy and husband, Brian, Daughter
- Mary Higginbotham and husband, James, Daughter
- Betty Sartin, Sister
- Donna Gore, Sister
- Carol Albarado, Sister
- Mark Meche, Brother
- Kenneth Meche, Brother
- Skott Higginbotham, Grandson
- Dalton Higginbotham, Grandson
- Haley Catrambone, Granddaughter
- Brittany Catrambone and fiance' Paul Miller, Granddaughter
- Laura Meche and boyfriend, Hayden Banks, Granddaughter
- Hunter Roy, Grandson
- Lucas Higginbotham, Great-grandson
- Carsyn Banks, Great-granddaughter
- Elton Joseph Meche, Sr., Father (deceased)
- Mary Ann Meche, Mother (deceased)
- Mike Meche, Brother (deceased)
- Elton Joseph "Joe" Meche, Jr., Brother (deceased)
- Hunter Roy, Pallbearer
- Hayden Banks, Pallbearer
- Josh Meche, Pallbearer
- Luke Matthews, Pallbearer
- Mark Thompson, Sr., Pallbearer
- Brandon Meche, Pallbearer
- Justin Meche, Pallbearer
- Visitation lunes, 1 julio , 2019
- Visitation martes, 2 julio , 2019
- Celebration of Life martes, 2 julio , 2019
David Wayne Meche
30 junio , 2019
29 junio , 2019
I will miss a man that was more than a friend, he was a brother to hang with and be around. This is such a shock to us all, but God called him home. Rest in Peace. David. May you rejoice in Joy to the entrance of Heaven. and Feast at the Banquet of the Lord. We will miss you so. . . . .