AVIS DE DÉCÈS
Jessie Marie Holland
18 septembre , 1930 – 11 juillet , 2019
Jessie Marie Muse Gibson Holland, age 88, went to be with Lord and Savior at her residence in Dallas on Thursday ~ July 11, 2019. Jessie worked at Citizens Bank, BB&T Bank and PNC Bank for many, many years. She worked with her husband William Holland (attorney at law) for over 20 years. She was a calm, gentle lady who had the intuition to see and solve problems in an elegant manner. Jessie was a loving wife, mother and grandmother who is going to be greatly missed.
Those left behind to cherish Jessie's memories and carry on her legacy are her daughter: Elizabeth "Beth" Gibson Starnes of Dallas, North Carolina; one son and daughter in law: Steve and Becky Gibson of Lincolnton, North Carolina; three grandsons: Justin Keith Starnes and wife Paula, Christopher Thomas Starnes, Stephen Matthew Gibson and wife Jocelyn; four great grandchildren: KaLeigh, Devon, Kaytalin and Kara; one step great grandson: Harrison.
Jessie was the daughter of the late Horace Clayton Muse and Catherine "Arizona" Davis Muse. She was also preceded in death by her husbands, Thomas Merritt Gibson who passed in 1986 and William Holland who passed in 2016, along with three sisters: Lucille Dellinger, Margaret "Peggy" Vernon Cline and Mary Alice Lewis; three brothers: Clarence Muse, Clyde Muse and Charles Muse.
A Life Well Celebrated Ceremony will be held at 2:00 PM, Sunday ~ July 14, 2019 at Dallas Baptist Church, 402 West Trade Street, Dallas, North Carolina with Reverend Scott Henson delivering words of comfort and hope to Jessie's family and friends.
Graveside and committal will follow in Long Creek Memorial Cemetery, 210 Long Creek Church Road, Dallas, North Carolina.
The family will receive guests from 5:00 PM ~ 7:00 PM, Saturday ~ July 13, 2019 at Dallas Funeral Home, 212 West Trade Street, Dallas, North Carolina.
Expressions of love and fond memories may be made on Jessie's guestbook at www.carothersfuneralhomedallas.com
Dallas Funeral Home is compassionately serving the family of Jessie Marie Gibson Holland.
- Elizabeth Gibson Starnes, Daughter
- Justin Keith Starnes, Grandson
- Paula Starnes, Justin's Wife
- Christopher Thomas Starnes, Grandson
- Steve Gibson, Son
- Becky Gibson, Daughter-in-law
- Stephen Matthew Gibson, Grandson
- Jocelyn Gibson, Stephen's Wife
- Catherine "Arizona" Davis Muse, Mother Deceased
- Horace Clayton Muse, Father Deceased
- Thomas Merritt Gibson, Husband Deceased
- William Holland, Husband Deceased
- Lucille Dellinger, Sister Deceased
- Margaret "Peggy" Vernon Cline, Sister Deceased
- Mary Alice Lewis, Sister Deceased
- Clyde Muse, Brother Deceased
- Clarence Muse, Brother Deceased
- Charles Muse, Brother Deceased
- Receiving of Guests samedi, 13 juillet , 2019
- Life Well Celebrated Ceremony dimanche, 14 juillet , 2019
- Graveside and Committal Service dimanche, 14 juillet , 2019
Jessie Marie Holland
13 juillet , 2019
I am very sorry to learn of Jessie's death. She was a lovely and wonderful person. My thoughts are with all of her friends and family members.
Velvet (Bell) Hannon
12 juillet , 2019
I spent many nights & weekends with the "Gibson's", growing up. I remember most: home cooked meals, piano playing, and Jessie playing easy listening music in the car, but the biggest memory is her coming into the bedroom at bedtime and reading us a Bible story & making sure we said our prayers, then church on Sunday morning. I'm so sorry for your loss. Love you all---Velvet
12 juillet , 2019
My thoughts and prayers go out to Jessie family. I have known her for many years when she and her 1st husband had Tommy's before it moved to its location now. All the school kids would go there to eat.
also, have attended church with her for many years. Will miss the get-togethers at Tommy's for the "Live Embers". Rest in peace Jessie, a job well done!