AVIS DE DÉCÈS
Regina I. Covington
14 décembre 1928 – 5 mai 2021
Regina “Jean” Isabel (Crabtree) Covington quietly entered her eternal home with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on May 5, 2021. At the time of her passing she was a resident of The Forum at Memorial Woods Healthcare Center, Houston, TX. Prior to her move to The Forum Jean had been a Shephard Park Plaza resident at 1043 Cheshire for 50-plus years.
Jean was born on December 14, 1928 in Memphis, TN to Wesley Crabtree and Bertha (Teague) Crabtree. Her father was a Baptist minister and her mother an elementary school teacher and loving homemaker.
Jean was blessed with 4 daughters who survive her, Becky Mitchell, Janice Webster (Michael), Sherry Field, and Andy Whitten (Mike).
With her husband John A. Covington “Johnny” who passed away Friday February 12, 2021, they owned and operated 2 of the earliest Monterey House restaurants serving up dinners and candy to loyal customers in Garden Oaks, Timber Grove and Oak Forest communities.
In her rare spare time Jean enjoyed; deep-sea fishing at Port Isabel and South Padre, “treasure hunting” at local estate sales in the greater Houston area, improving her “green-thumb” tending to her flowers and shrubbery around her home, Monday-night bingo at the SPJST hall in the Heights with her Mom, playing the slot machines at the Las Vegas and Louisiana casinos, and a lively game of dominos.
Jean also cherished family gatherings where she captured life-long memories. She especially enjoyed making the simple daily activities seem like a special day for all in attendance.
Jean was preceded in death by her parents, Wesley and Bertha Crabtree, her husband Johnny Covington, grandson Jeffrey Mitchell, and son-in-law Kenneth Mitchell, and step-daughter, Jean Marie (Covington) Haseman. In addition to her daughters, she is survived by step-children Stephen (Kim) Covington and Daniel Covington, Mary Covington (Milind) Patel, and Julie Covington. She also leaves behind grandchildren Wesley Hallford, Russell Hallford. (Susie) Cindy Mitchell Smith (Ryan), and Kris Mitchell and great-grandson Silas Smith. Grandchildren; John Covington, Paul Covington, Alex Covington, Michael Keel, Kelli McCartney, Douglas Haseman, Lila .Patel, Matthew Patel,. Abigail Hunter, Ellen Hunter, and Emily Hunter. Great-grandchildren; John Covington, Luke Covington, Sofia Covington, Lily Covington, Kaitly Keel, Cooper Keel, Lex Frank, and Lena Nixon.
Jean’s daughters would like to extend a special note of gratitude to their mother’s caregivers; . Ann-Marie, Angelle, Quinn, and Nikii, Geneva, Juan, Jessica, and others at The Forum. As Jean struggled daily with the many challenges of her progressive dementia her extended family of dedicated caregivers delivered a level of care that made Jean look forward to each new day with joy and excitement.
Due to COVID, a private graveside service will be held for immediate family members. The family request that no flowers be sent and, if you wish to honor her memory, please consider donating to a charity of your choice.
Words of comfort can be shared with the family at www.smithfuneralhomeflatonia.com
Smith Funeral Home – 128 E. 5th Street Flatonia, Texas 78941 Phone #361-865-3311
- Johnny Covington, husband (deceased)
- Wesley Crabtree, Father (deceased)
- Bertha (Teague) Crabtree, Mother (deceased)
- Becky Mitchell, Daughter
- Kenneth Mitchell, Son-in-law (deceased)
- Janice Webster (Michael), Daughter
- Sherry Field, Daughter
- Andy Whitten (Michael), Daughter
- Jeffrey Mitchell, Grandson (deceased)
- Jean Marie (Covington) Haseman, Step daughter (deceased)
- Stephen Covington (Kim), Step Son
- Daniel Covington, Step Son
- Mary Covington Patel (Milind), Step Daughter
- Julie Covington, Step Daughter
- Wesley Hallford, Grandchild
- Russell Hallford (Susie), Grandchild
- Cindy Mitchell Smith (Ryan), Grandchild
- Kris Mitchell, Grandchild
- Silas Smith, Great Grandson
- John Covington, Grandchild
- Paul Covington, Grandchild
- Alex Covington, Grandchild
- Michael Keel, Grandchild
- Kelli McCartney, Grandchild
- Douglas Haseman, Grandchild
- Lila Patel, Grandchild
- Matthew Patel, Grandchild
- Abigail Hunter, Grandchild
- Ellen Hunter, Grandchild
- Emily Hunter, Grandchild
- John Covington, Great Grandchild
- Luke Covington, Great Grandchild
- Sofia Covington, Great Grandchild
- Lily Covington, Great Grandchild
- Kaitly Keel, Great Grandchild
- Cooper Keel, Great Grandchild
- Lex Frank, Great Grandchild
- Lena Nixon, Great Grandchild
jeudi, 13 mai , 2021
jeudi, 13 mai , 2021
jeudi, 13 mai , 2021