AVIS DE DÉCÈS
1 février 1927 – 15 janvier 2021
Mr. Billy Hutchens of High Point, known to friends as “Bill”, passed in peace on January 15, 2021 at Hinkle Hospice House of Davidson County.
Mr. Hutchens was born February 1, 1927, in High Point. He was preceded in death by his parents, Thomas and Myrtle Hutchens, and a brother, James Hutchens. On April 2, 1949, he married the former Evelyn Ring who survives of the home. He is also survived by his seven children, Steven (Mary) Hutchens; Charles (Susan) Hutchens; Gary (Connie) Hutchens, Karen Abee (Skip); Jeanie Shelton (Rick); Joanie Jones (Harold); and Billy Hutchens (Dawn). He was a proud grandfather of 15, and of 20 great-grandchildren. He is further survived by nieces and nephews, and other relatives and friends.
Bill was a career truck driver who logged over two million miles. But he never tired of being on the road. Following retirement, Bill and Evelyn enjoyed traveling as much as possible throughout the U.S. Other than spending time with his family, he thoroughly enjoyed gardening and being outdoors before failing health curtailed outside activities. He was a member of Green Street Baptist Church since 1964 where he enjoyed fellowshipping and making lasting friendships. He was also a proud patriot and Army WWII veteran.
Mr. Hutchens will lie in state at Sechrest-Davis, Lexington Avenue in High Point, Thursday, January 21, from 1 to 5 pm. A graveside service will be held Friday, January 22, at 2:00 pm at Floral Garden Park Cemetery.
Memorial contributions can be made to the Hinkle Hospice House of Davidson County, or to the charity of your choice.
Online condolences for the Hutchens family may be made at www.sechrestfunerals.com.
- Thomas Hillary & Myrtle Parks Hutchens, Parents (deceased)
- Evelyn Ring Hutchens, Wife
- Karen Abee (Skip), Daughter
- Joanie Jones (Harold), Daughter
- Jeanie Shelton (Rick), Daughter
- Steven Hutchens (Mary), Son
- Charles Hutchens (Susan), Son
- Gary Hutchens (Connie), Son
- BIlly Hutchens (Dawn), Son
- James Hutchens, Brother (deceased)
- Mr. Hutchens is proudly survived by 15 grandchildren, 20 great-grandchildren; many nieces, nephews, and other relatives & friends.
Lie in State
jeudi, 21 janvier , 2021
vendredi, 22 janvier , 2021