Mt. Moriah, Newcomer and Freeman Funeral Home & Mount Moriah Cemetery South
10507 Holmes Road, Kansas City, MO
AVIS DE DÉCÈS
Glen Houston Griffin
29 septembre 1926 – 23 mars 2020
Glen H. Griffin, 93 of Lee's Summit, Missouri passed away on Monday, March 23, 2020 in Kansas City, Missouri. A Celebration of Life will be announced in the future.
Dad was born in Clarksville, Arkansas to Thomas and Ruby Griffin on September 27, 1926. He was the eighth of eleven children, growing up in Arkansas and later southeast Missouri. He loved his life in a large family. Hunting, fishing, working the land and farm and going to church occupied most of his time growing up, along with some brotherly mischief. Dad pushed himself through junior high and high school, dropping out for one year in eighth grade but later becoming the only child to graduate from a university. He proudly became a University of Missouri alum in 1950, graduating with a degree in agriculture. Dad worked in farm loans and management until retiring at the age of 83.
Dad was preceded in death by his wife of 50 years, Betty Jean Harris Griffin; parents; siblings Hazel, Edith, Bus, Arch, Tom, Louise, Bud and Carl Lee; granddaughter Christa J. Cline
He is survived by his children Melanie Griffin Cline and husband Russ, Glen H Griffin Jr and wife Jane; sisters Jean Roberts and Dorothy Arnold; grandchildren Ryan Cline and wife Jessica, Ashley Lenhart and husband Creed, Allison Elliott and husband Stephen; great grandchildren Julia Cline, Grayson Lenhart, Graham Lenhart, and Griffin Lenhart. He also leaves behind his second wife, Martha E. Griffin.
We are forever indebted to our dad for his Godly influence and example in our lives. He was a loyal and faithful servant to the Lord, always showing us the way. He leaves this earth knowing God has provided a place for him. We will see you someday soon, Dad.
In lieu of flowers memorial donations may be given to Grace Point Baptist Church (Endowment Fund) 10415 Chestnut Drive, Kansas City, Missouri 64137. We wish to thank Kansas City Hospice House and Benton House of Blue Springs, Missouri for their compassion and loving care.
- Thomas Henry Griffin, Father (deceased)
- Ruby Lillian (Harvey) Griffin, Mother (deceased)
- Betty Jean Harris Griffin, Wife of 50 years (deceased)
- Hazel, Edith, Bus, Arch, Tom, Louise, Bud & Carl Lee, Siblings (deceased)
- Christa J. Cline, Granddaughter (deceased)
- Melanie Griffin Cline (Russ), Daughter
- Glen H. Griffin, Jr. (Jane), Son
- Jean Roberts, Sister
- Dorothy Arnold, Sister
- Ryan Cline (Jessica), Grandson
- Ashley Lenhart (Creed), Granddaughter
- Allison Elliott (Stephen), Granddaughter
- Julie Cline, Great-granddaughter
- Grayson Lenhart, Great-grandson
- Graham Lenhart, Great-grandson
- Griffin Lenhart, Great-grandson
- Martha E. Griffin, Second Wife
En savoir plus sur Griffin le nom