AVIS DE DÉCÈS
Thomas Gregg Parr
11 avril , 1942 – 17 septembre , 2019
Thomas Gregg Parr, 77, passed away Tuesday, September 17, 2019 in Longview surrounded by his loving family. A Celebration of his life will be held 11 a.m. Friday, September 20, 2019 at The Chapel of Lakeview Funeral Home with Pastor Scott Brown officiating. Visitation will be held 6-8 p.m. Thursday, September 19, 2019 at Lakeview Funeral Home. Entombment will be in Lakeview Memorial Gardens. Thomas was born April 11, 1942 in Longview, Texas to T.G. Parr and Emma Fisher Parr. He served his country honorably in the Army in Korea and then worked as a machinist for Continental Can Company. Thomas had a great passion for camping, fishing, gardening, and hunting. He even taught many people how to fish and hunt. Thomas also loved to travel the country with his beloved wife of 55 years, Linda. He will be missed tremendously by all who knew and loved him. Thomas is preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Rodney Parr and his wife, Delora; sister, Linda Gale Small; and sister-in-law, Glenda Ann Parr. He is survived by his loving wife, Linda; son, Forrest Parr (Kristi); daughter, Kelly Franks (Thomas); grandchildren, Adrian Moore (Thomas), Nicole Parr, Tyler Parr, and Jared Franks; two great grandchildren; a brother, O.C. Parr; one nephew and several nieces.
- T.G. Parr, Father (deceased)
- Emma Parr, Mother (deceased)
- Linda Gale Small, Sister (deceased)
- Rodney Parr, Brother (deceased)
- Delora Parr, Sister-in-law (deceased)
- Glenda Ann Parr, Sister-in-law (deceased)
- Linda Parr, Wife
- Forrest Parr, Son
- Kristi Parr, Daughter-in-law
- kelly Franks, Daughter
- Thomas Franks, Son-in-law
- Adrian Moore, Granddaughter
- Thomas Moore, Grandson-in-law
- Nicole Parr, Granddaughter
- Tyler Parr, Grandson
- Jared Parr, Grandson
- O.C. Parr, Brother
- Thomas also leaves behind to cherish his memory, two great grandsons, a nephew, several nieces and many loving friends.
- A Time of Visitation with Thomas's Family jeudi, 19 septembre , 2019
- A Celebration of His Life vendredi, 20 septembre , 2019
- Entombment vendredi, 20 septembre , 2019
Thomas Gregg Parr
septembre 19, 2019
Tom is a person you don't have to find a picture of to remember who he was. Tom was the gentle giant that shielded his friends and family from all harm. Tom truly loved his family, and quietly waited to serve his brothers, sister, mom or dad.
Tom and I usually made the best of what mode of travel to get by on that O.C. , and my brother Dudley left us. More often than not hitchhiking to the Turner Town Drive- Inn Theater before dark and after midnight back to New London. Sometimes we got the
1941 Ford running and we were out to paint the town or find a patch of watermelons ready for the picking.
The Parr's accepted me as family, and I will always be grateful for their love and friendship. Tom's dad, T.G., nicknamed me ARAB, because of my dark complexion, but that didn't bother me because they were family.
God Bless You Tom, and Thanks For The Memories.
septembre 18, 2019
Lots of good memories of TG. My most sincere condolences to the Parr family. He will be missed by all who knew him. My friend, Thomas Gregg.