AVIS DE DÉCÈS
Marilyn Ellis Dewitt
21 mars , 1936 – 18 mai , 2019
Marilyn E. DeWitt – March 21, 1936 – May 18, 2019
Marilyn Ellis DeWitt passed into her celestial life on Saturday, May 18, 2019. Born March 21,1936 in Lynchburg, Marilyn lived most of her life in Amherst County. Marilyn’s greatest joy was her children and helping others.
Marilyn is preceded in death by her parents, Hilda C. DeWitt and Robert E. DeWitt and former husband and lifelong friend, Neil H. Peters, Sr. Marilyn is survived by her daughter, Pamela P. Nowell (Tom) of Lynchburg and son, Neil H. Peters, Jr. of Madison Heights. Marilyn leaves behind her dear cousin, C. Gay Tucker, best friend & sister in spirit, Toshy Bernhart, her loving friend Candice Toliver and a host of relatives and acquaintances. The family wishes to thank the staff at Fairmont Crossing Health & Rehabilitation Center for their almost 2 years of excellent care and to Hospice for the care and comfort given to Marilyn in the last few weeks of her time with us.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials be made to The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, The American Cancer Society, The Alzheimer’s Association or The Amherst Humane Society.
A Celebration of Marilyn’s life will be held at 2 pm on Sunday, June 2, 2019 at Whitten Monelison Chapel.
- Robert E. DeWitt, Father (deceased)
- Hilda C. DeWitt, Mother (deceased)
- Neil H. Peters Sr., Former Husband and Lifelong Friend (deceased)
- Pamela P. Nowell and husband Tom, Daughter
- Neil H. Peters Jr., Son
- C. Gay Tucker, Cousin
- Toshy Bernhart, Best Friend and Sister in Spirit
- Candice Toliver, Loving Friend
- Marilyn is also survived by a host of relatives and acquaintances.
- The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
- The American Cancer Society
- The Alzheimer's Association
- The Amherst Humane Society
- Celebration of Life dimanche, 2 juin , 2019
Marilyn Ellis Dewitt
23 mai , 2019
Dear Pam. I just heard about your Mom.My ♥️ hurts for you. We all shared many wonderful memories from back in the day.May she RIP.