AVIS DE DÉCÈS
1 octobre , 1948 – 8 février , 2020
MORGANVILLE - Howard Firestein died Saturday, February 8, 2020 at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick. He was 71.
Born in East New York, Brooklyn, he resided in Canarsie before settling in Morganville about 20 years ago.
Prior to to retiring, he was a social studies and math teacher for the NY Board of Education, where he worked for 35 years. He was a beloved teacher and adored by his students.
Howard was an avid Yankee and Giants fan. He also loved opera and Broadway shows, but his favorite pastime was movies, especially those on Turner Classic Movies.
He was predeceased by his father, Seymour Firestein.
Surviving are his loving wife of 44 years, Sharon; his son, Jordan Firestein and wife Sarah; his brother, Mitchell Firestein and wife Laura; his sister Sheera Glass and husband Mark; his mother, Dorothy Firestein; his nephew, Douglas; and his nieces, Helaine and Samantha.
A funeral service will be held on Monday, February 10, 2020 at 11am at Bloomfield-Cooper Jewish Chapels, 44 Wilson Avenue, Manalapan, NJ. Interment will immediately follow at Mt. Sinai Cemetery, Marlboro, NJ.
Memorial contributions may be made in Howard's memory to the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.
- Sharon Firestein, Spouse
- Jordan Firestein (Sarah), Son
- Mitchell Firestein (Laura), Brother
- Sheera Glass (Mark), Sister
- Dorothy Firestein, Mother
- Howard's memory will also be cherished by his nephew, Douglas; and his nieces, Helaine and Samantha.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Funeral Service lundi, 10 février , 2020
- Committal Service lundi, 10 février , 2020