AVIS DE DÉCÈS
Ilene M. Kern
27 janvier 1928 – 10 février 2021
Ilene M. Kern, 93 of Bluffton and formerly of Markle passed away on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at Bluffton Regional Medical Center. Ilene was a 1946 graduate of East Union High School. She was a member of Markle Church of Christ. She enjoyed sewing, doing several projects for missions. She made 100’s of outfits for South American children over the years. Ilene also babysat for several years. She enjoyed baking and IU Basketball.
Ilene was born on January 27, 1928 in Fort Wayne, the daughter of the late Roy J. and Martha M. (Huebner) Cayot.
She was united in marriage to Dean Kern on June 8, 1946, Dean preceded her in death on March 5, 2014.
Survivors include four daughters: Judy (John) Braden of Bluffton, Barb (Jerry) Sheets of Bluffton, Connie Kern of North Larwill, Lisa Workman of Lagro; two brothers: Robert (Jan) Cayot of Fort Wayne, Dale (Jane) Cayot of Lebanon, OH; two sisters: Marilyn (Robert) Kaltenmark of Huntington, Carolyn Goebel of Marion; nineteen grandchildren, thirty-three great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers: Harold Cayot, Eugene Cayot, Manford Cayot, Richard Cayot; three sisters: Cathleen Lloyd, Mildred Springer, Marcella Shaw and a son-in-law: Randy Workman.
Private family visitation will be held at the Myers Funeral Home Markle Chapel, 415 N. Lee Street, Markle, Indiana. We will be following the CDC’s and Indiana’s guidelines for Social Distancing and Social Gathering Limits.
Interment will take place at Six Mile Cemetery in Bluffton.
Memorial donations can be made out to Markle Church of Christ Missions in care of Myers Funeral Home, P.O. Box 403, Markle, IN 46770.
- Judy (John) Braden, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Barb (Jerry) Sheets, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Connie Kern, Daughter
- Lisa Workman, Daughter
- Robert (Jan) Cayot, Brother and Sister-in-law
- Dale (Jane) Cayot, Brother and Sister-in-law
- Marilyn (Robert) Kaltenmark, Sister and Brother-in-law
- Carolyn Goebel, Sister
- Dean Kern, Husband (deceased)
- Roy and Martha (Huebner) Cayot, Parents (deceased)
- Harold Cayot, Brother (deceased)
- Eugene Cayot, Brother (deceased)
- Manford Cayot, Brother (deceased)
- Richard Cayot, Brother (deceased)
- Cathleen Lloyd, Sister (deceased)
- Mildred Springer, Sister (deceased)
- Marcella Shaw, Sister (deceased)
- Randy Workman, Son-in-law (deceased)
- Nineteen grandchildren and thirty-three great grandchildren
- Markle Church of Christ Missions
Private Family Visitation , Private Family Services, Interment
Ilene M. Kern
17 février , 2021
My sincere sympathy in the loss of your Mother.
14 février , 2021
Sorry for your loss Thinking of all of you.
12 février , 2021
She was an Awesome babysitter...Very Very Sweet lady to...have known her all my life and All the Family has my deepest sympathy!!!
DE LA FAMILLE
DE LA FAMILLE
Une pensée à retenir
Une célébration de la vie remplie de compassion et d’attention aux détails apporte réconfort et guérison à la famille et aux amis. La planification apporte une tranquillité d’esprit à vos proches. Nous sommes là pour vous et votre famille lorsque vous êtes prêt à réfléchir à la planification des arrangements funéraires.EN SAVOIR PLUS