Avis de décès
Keith Allen Nelson
16 février 1932 – 16 avril 2020
On Thursday, April 16, 2020, Keith Allen Nelson died peacefully at the age of 88 at the W.F. Green State Veterans Home in Bay Minette, Al. He was born February 16, 1932 in Auburn, NE, and grew up in Tom’s River, NJ. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. After the war, he moved to El Paso, TX. There he met Katharine McWhorter. They married in 1959 and moved to Las Cruces, NM, so he could attend New Mexico State University. He graduated with a B.S. in Civil Engineering and went on to a life-long career in the construction industry in Texas and Florida. After Katharine’s death he married Eleanor Partridge Cummings. With her, he quickly made the Deep South his home. He never turned down a good party, a great meal or a fine bottle of wine. He loved long road trips, electronic gadgets and every beach he walked on, especially at Point Clear, AL. He traded his early years of hunting and fishing to become a supporter of wildlife, NPR, and PBS. He worshipped lovingly at St. Luke’s in San Antonio, TX and St. Ignatius in Mobile, AL. He was a proud member of the Athelstan and ROMEO clubs and an enthusiastic participant of Mobile’s Mardi Gras. He will be remembered as a connoisseur, an avid photographer, genealogist, and lover of the West and Southwestern cuisine.
He was predeceased by his parents, Andrew Kern Nelson and Mildred Heinke Nelson, his wife, Katharine McWhorter Nelson, one daughter, Lilla I. Nelson, one step granddaughter, Laura C. Cummings, and his beloved pup, Paula. He is survived by his brother, Robert L. Nelson (Ellie) of Kendall, NY, one daughter, Lynn Nelson Bishop and one granddaughter, Katherine Hailey Bishop both of Austin, Tx. He is also survived by his wife of 22 years, Eleanor Partridge Cummings-Nelson and his step-children: Marl M. Cummings III (Lynn), Mary Ellen Cummings Story (Sam), Bea Cummings Douglas(Phil), Daly Cummings Lee(Scears), Daniel W. Cummings (Patty), Matthew R. Cummings (Amy), Benjamin P. Cummings (Laura), James D. Cummings (Sara) and Robert A. Cummings (Ashley). He is also survived by his extended family of nineteen step-grandchildren and four step-great grandchildren, one step-granddaughter in-law, three step-grandsons-in law, and a host of devout friends, all of whom will miss him dearly.
Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19, a memorial service will be held at a later date. Memorials may be made to The Little Sisters of the Poor, 1655 McGill Ave., Mobile, AL 36606 or to The Mulherin Home, 2496 Halls Mill Rd. Mobile, AL 36606. Condolences to the family may be offered at www.radneyfuneralhome-mobile.com.
Montrez votre soutien
- Eleanor Partridge Cummings Nelson Beloved Wife of 22 years
- Lynn Nelson Bishop Daughter
- Robert L. Nelson and Ellie Brother and Sister-in-law
- Katherine Hailey Bishop Granddaughter
- Marl M. Cummings III and Lynn Step-Son and wife
- Mary Ellen Cummings Story and Sam Step-daughter and husband
- Bea Cummings Douglas and Phil Step-daughter and husband
- Daly Cummings Lee and Scears Step-daughter and husband
- Daniel W. Cummings and Patty Step-son and wife
- Matthew R. Cummings and Amy Step-Son and wife
- Benjamin P. Cummings and Laura Step-Son and wife
- James D. Cummings and Sara Step-Son and wife
- Robert A. Cummings and Ashley Step-Son and wife
- Andrew Kern and Mildred Heinke Nelson Parents
- Katherine McWhorter Nelson Beloved Wife
- Lilla l. Nelson Daughter
- Laura C. Cummings Step-granddaughter
- Paula Favorite Pup
Prestations de Service
Aucun service public n'est prévu en ce moment. Recevez un avis lorsque des services sont mis à jour.recevoir des avis
En mémoire de
Keith Allen Nelson
Aidez à raconter l'histoire de la vie unique de votre être cher. Laissez un souvenir ou partagez une photo ci-dessous pour montrer votre soutien.