Elizabeth Carol Stover
August 30, 1940 – May 30, 2018
Elizabeth (Betty) Carol Lester Stover, 77, of Abilene, passed away Wednesday, May 23, 2018 in Abilene. Funeral services will be held at 2pm, Monday, June 4, 2018 at Elmcrest Baptist Church with Pastor Jerry Vincent officiating. Burial services will be held at 10am, Tuesday, June 5, 2018 in Elmwood Memorial Park Cemetery. Services entrusted to Elliott-Hamil Funeral Home, 5701 Hwy 277 S. Abilene, TX. Betty was born August 30, 1940 in Gorman, Texas to the late Roy and Mayvella Jackson Lester. She attended school in Abilene and graduated from Abilene High School. She married George Wayne (Smokey) Stover in Abilene on June 20, 1958. She was a loving mother, grandmother, and sister. She was an avid bowler and loved her weekly beauty shop appointment. Betty's son Lawrence Wayne Stover, 54, of Cincinnati, Ohio passed away on Sunday May 27, 2018 in Cincinnati. Wayne was born May 11, 1964 in Abilene, Texas to the late Smokey and Betty Stover. Remaining behind to cherish Wayne's memory are his brother Andy and sister Tracy of Abilene. Preceding Betty in death were her parents; husband; son; brother, Roy Gene Lester; and daughter Jackie Stover Ely Anderson. Remaining behind to cherish Betty's memory are her sister, Sandra Lester Silvestri and husband Angelo of Griffin, Georgia; son, Robert Andrew (Andy) Stover and wife Lori of Abilene; daughter, Tracy Lynn Stover Simmons and husband Frank of Abilene; grandchildren Surenda, Darrell (Bud), Travis and wife Heather, Nick, James and wife Emily, Paul, Brandi, Brittnee, and Briana; great- grandchildren, Cole, Paige, Halston, Paisley, Harper, and Hayes; as well as numerous nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends. In lieu of flowers, we ask that donations be made to Meals on Wheels of Abilene in her honor. Online condolences may be made at www.elliotthamilfuneralhomes.com.
- Roy Lester, Father
- Mayvella Jackson Lester, Mother
- George Wayne (Smokey) Stover, Husband
- Lawrence Wayne Stover, Son
- Roy Gene Lester, Brother
- Jackie Stover Ely Anderson, Daughter
- Sandra Lester Silvestri and husband Angelo, Sister
- Robert Andrew (Andy) Stover and wife Lori, Son
- Tracy Lynn Stover Simmons and husband Frank, Daughter
- Betty also leaves behind grandchildren Surenda, Darrell (Bud), Travis and wife Heather, Nick, James and wife Emily, Paul, Brandi, Brittnee, and Briana; great- grandchildren, Cole, Paige, Halston, Paisley, Harper, and Hayes; as well as numerous nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends.
- Funeral Service Monday, June 4, 2018
- Graveside Service Tuesday, June 5, 2018