September 2, 1925 – March 8, 2019
Jean Slaughter, age 93, of Abilene, Texas passed away on Friday March 8, 2019. Jean was born September 2, 1925 in Burkett, Texas to Rosa and James Boyle.
A visitation for Jean will be held Monday, March 11, 2019 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Elliott-Hamil Funeral Home, 5701 Highway 277 South. A funeral service will occur Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 11:00 AM, 5701 Highway 277 South, with burial at Potosi Cemetery.
Jean was preceded in death by her husband Johnie L. Slaughter; parents James Arnold Boyle and Rosa Lee Boyle; brother Dennis Slaughter; and granddaughter Renee Slaughter.
Jean is survived by; son Johnie and wife Peggy Slaughter; grandsons; Daryl and wife Heidi Slaughter, Lyn and wife Angela Slaughter, great grandsons; Noah and Matthew Slaughter and great granddaughters; Renee, Katie, and Charlotte Slaughter.
Jean was a proud independent women serving friends and family as a hairdresser for over 47 years. She was a wonderful mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, and great grandmother to her family who will cherish the memories made with her.
In lieu of flowers donations can be made to Hendrick Hospice or to a charity of your choice in Jean's name.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at https://www.elliotthamilfuneralhomes.com for the Slaughter family.
- James Arnold Boyle, Father
- Rosa Lee Boyle, Mother
- Johnie L. Slaughter, Husband
- Dennis Slaughter, Brother
- Renee Slaughter, Granddaughter
- Johnie and wife Peggy Slaughter, Son
- Daryl and wife Heidi Slaughter, Grandson
- Lyn and wife Angela Slaughter, Grandson
- Noah and Matthew Slaughter, Great Grandsons
- Renee, Katie, and Charlotte Slaughter, Great granddaughters
- Visitation Monday, March 11, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, March 12, 2019