Sherry Jeanine McCoy
April 3, 1941 – June 28, 2018
Sherry Jeanine Carpenter McCoy was born April 3, 1941 in Anson, TX to OB Carpenter and Norma Lundy Parkinson. She passed away on June 28, 2018 at 77 years of age and went to be with those who have gone before her, including her parents, husband Jack Lee McCoy, her stepsisters; Tommie Sue Parkinson Mason, Jackie Lou Parkinson Propst, half-sister; Carolynn Parkinson Ferguson, son-in-law William Lee Shelley Jr., grandson William Lee "Billy" Shelley III, and stepdaughter Sherry Yellott.
She married Jack McCoy on May 28, 1958 in Abilene, TX. Upon his passing in 2015, they had celebrated 57 years together in this life.
Sherry loved spending time with her family and she was especially proud of her new great-grandson Rees Lee "Tripp" Boler III. She adored her faithful companion Hannah, who was always there for her.
Sherry is survived by her daughter Pamela Jean Shelley of Abilene, TX granddaughter Beth Boler and husband Rees of Abilene, TX, daughter Rickey Lynn Barber and husband Desmond of Rogers, AR, grandsons; Seth Barber, Colton Collins and wife Stormie of Rogers, AR, half-sister; Debra Sue Goodwin, half-brothers; Steve Carpenter, Thomas Carpenter, Robert Trees, Thomas Parkinson and wife Cheryl, and stepdaughter; Linda Wilson and husband Theo, and extended family.
Visitation will be Sunday, July 1, 2018 from 4pm to 6pm at Elliott-Hamil Funeral Home, 5701 Hwy 277 South. A graveside service on Monday, July 2, 2018 at 11am at Texas State Veterans Cemetery, 7457 W Lake Rd.
Special thanks from the family to all the Visiting Angels who have helped care for Sherry over the last couple of years.
To leave online condolences visit www.elliotthamilfuneralhomes.com
- Jack Lee McCoy, Husband
- OB and Norma Lundy Carpenter, Parents
- Tommie Sue Parkinson Mason, Stepsister
- Jackie Lou Parkinson Propst, Stepsister
- Carolynn Parkinson Ferguson, Half-sister
- William Lee Shelly Jr., Son-in-law
- William Lee "Billy" Shelley III, Grandson
- Sherry Yellott, Stepdaughter
- Pamela Jean Shelley, Daughter
- Beth Boler and husband Rees, Granddaughter
- Rees Lee "Tripp" Boler III, Great Grandson
- Rickey Lynn Barber and husband Desmond, Daughter
- Seth Barber, Grandson
- Colton Collins and wife Stomie, Grandson
- Debra Sue Goodwin, Half-sister
- Steve Carpenter, Half-brother
- Thomas Carpenter, Half-brother
- Robert Trees, Half-brother
- Thomas Parkinson and wife Cheryl, Half-brother
- Linda Wilson and husband Theo, Stepdaughter
- Visitation Sunday, July 1, 2018
- Graveside Service Monday, July 2, 2018
Sherry Jeanine McCoy
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES