Dolly Poynor Helm
March 11, 1935 – September 18, 2019
Dolly Poynor Helm passed away September 18, 2019, at the age of 84. She was born March 11, 1935, in Estelline, Texas, to Preston and Dorothy Cox Poynor. She married James Boyd Helm, Sr. in 1954; and together they raised three children. She was a nurse at St. Anthony’s Hospital Surgical Intensive Care for over 20 years. She also worked at the Texas State Center for MHMR for many years. She was a very strong willed, independent lady who meant what she said and said what she meant. She loved her Avon whether it was selling it or buying it! In her free time she enjoyed her sweets, crocheting, and coloring with her many, many gel pens. She loved the time she spent at Hillside Heights; she was known as the “Bingo Champion.”
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, and a brother Larry Poynor.
Left to remember Dolly are her children: Diana Riha and husband Mark, James “Sonny” Helm, Ronny Helm, and brother Harvey Poynor. Her seven grandchildren are Jeremy Helm and wife Chasity, Jamie Blasingame and husband Michael, Holly Patin Bolen, Kimber Thompson and husband Matt, Deana Patin, Jolene Frentress, and Jessica Thomas and husband Todd. She was a great-grandmother to sixteen and had four great-great grandchildren, along with many nieces and nephews.
- Diana Riha, Daughter
- Mark Riha, Son-in-law
- James "Sonny" Helm, Son
- Ronny Helm, Son
- Harvey Poynor, Brother
- Jeremy Helm, Grandson
- Chasity Helm, Granddaughter-in-law
- Jamie Blasingame, Granddaughter
- Michael Blassingame, Grandson-in-law
- Holly Patin Bolen, Granddaughter
- Kimber Thompson, Granddaughter
- Matt Thompson, Grandson-in-law
- Deana Patin, Granddaughter
- Jolene Frentress, Granddaughter
- Jessica Thomas, Granddaughter
- Todd Thomas, Grandson-in-law
Dolly leaves behind sixteen great-grandchildren and four great-great-grandchildren, along with many nieces and nephews to cherish her memory.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Preston and Dorothy Cox Poynor; her husband James Boyd Helm, Sr., and a brother Larry Poynor.
- Visitation Friday, September 20, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, September 21, 2019
- Interment Saturday, September 21, 2019
IN THE CARE OF