Edgar R Sellers
January 27, 1936 – September 1, 2019
Edgar R. “Kingfish” Sellers left this life on September 1, 2019, at the age of 83 and passed into eternal glory to be with Jesus.
A celebration of Edgar’s life will be held on Friday, September 6 at 2pm in The Church at Quail Creek, 801 Tascosa Rd in Amarillo with Dale Moreland presiding. A private inurnment will be held at a later date.
He was born on January 27, 1936 to Cora Pierson Sellers and E.R. Sellers and was a lifelong resident of Amarillo. He was a proud Amarillo High Sandie class of 1954 graduate. He married the love of his life Gwyn Polson on October 4, 1956. He worked for Western Merchandisers for almost 40 years. After retirement, he loved to play golf and was a huge Dallas Cowboys fan. He was an avid genealogist before the existence of the internet, and passionate about heart disease education and prostate cancer awareness. He never missed Paul Harvey or Rush Limbaugh on the radio, and Fox news served as the background for day-to-day life. The only question now is who is bringing him coffee?
He is preceded in death by beloved son Stephen Sellers. He is survived by his wife of over 63 years; daughter Brenda Wetzel and husband David of McKinney; son Danny Sellers and wife Rene of Lubbock; and was affectionately known as “Papa” to grandchildren Jared Wetzel and wife Carrie, Jacob Wetzel and wife Annie, Kayla Sellers, Kevin Sellers and wife Amanda; great grandchildren Joshua, Caleb, and Luke Wetzel and Abbie, Ethan, Isaac, and Emma Wetzel; sister Edna Purves, and numerous nieces and nephews.
- Gwyn Polson Sellers, Wife
- Brenda Wetzel, Daughter
- David Wetzel, Son-in-law
- Danny Sellers, Son
- Rene Sellers, Daughter-in-law
- Jared Wetzel, Grandson
- Carrie Wetzel, Granddaughter-in-law
- Jacob Wetzel, Grandson
- Annie Wetzel, Granddaughter-in-law
- Kayla Sellers, Granddaughter
- Kevin Sellers, Grandson
- Amanda Sellers, Granddaughter-in-law
- Joshua Wetzel, Great Grandchild
- Caleb Wetzel, Great Grandchild
- Luke Wetzel, Great Grandchild
- Abbie Wetzel, Great Grandchild
- Ethan Wetzel, Great Grandchild
- Issac Wetzel, Great Grandchild
- Emma Wetzel, Great Grandchild
- Edna Purves, Sister
Edgar also leaves behind numerous nieces and nephews to cherish his memory
He was preceded in death by his parents, Cora Pierson "Sellers and E.R. Sellers: and a son, Stephen Sellers.
- All of Edgar's Children, Grand Children, and Great Grand Children, Honorary Bearers
- Celebration of Life Friday, September 6, 2019
Edgar R Sellers
Amanda Amy Pair-Garrard
September 6, 2019