John Leonard Black
February 27, 1952 – July 1, 2018
John was born February 27, 1952 in Morgantown, West Virginia to Robert and Theodora Black. He enjoyed spending time with his family. He like listening to music and playing with his dogs. He was always tinkering with anything and everything. He was a handy man who would fix anything and was always quick to lend a helping hand to anyone in need. He worked for Anderson Merchandising for 10 years.
He was preceded in death by his parents and his stepdad Tommy Tomson.
He is survived by his loving wife Janice, his children Jessica Pershall and husband Cory, Jenna Gorman and husband Mark, and James Black. Three brothers Baxter Black and wife Cindy Lou, Bob Black and wife Stephanie and Stephen Black. Four grandchildren Rachel, Riley, Randall and Ashby along with several other loving relatives.
- Janice Black, Wife
- Jessica Pershall, Daughter
- Cory Pershall, Son-in-law
- Jenna Gorman, Daughter
- Mark Gorman, Son-in-law
- James Black, Son
- Baxter Black, Brother
- Cindy Lou Black, Sister-in-law
- Bob Black, Brother
- Stephanie Black, Sister-in-law
- Stephen Black, Brother
- John was preceded in death by his parents, Robert and Theodora Black and his stepdad Tommy Tomson. He leaves behind four grandchildren Rachel, Riley, Randall and Ashby along with several other loving relatives to cherish his memory.
- Visitation Thursday, July 5, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, July 6, 2018
John Leonard Black
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
July 8, 2018
Janice and family,
I will cherish the few minutes I spent with you and John before he left the hospital. He was an amazingly talented and funny guy. I miss the phone calls from him; while you were still working with us! Most of all I will miss his friendship. May God be with you and your family and give you comfort and peace.
All my love
July 5, 2018
Janice and family, I am very sorry to hear about John. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Love you, Carole