Robert Haley Hill
October 24, 1939 – August 4, 2019
Robert Haley Hill, 79, passed away on August 04, 2019 in Amarillo, Texas.
Visitation will be held on Wednesday, August 7, 2019 from 5pm to 7pm in the Memorial Park Funeral Home located at 6969 E. Interstate 40. Funeral Services will be held in the funeral home's Chapel of Memories on Thursday, August 8, 2018 at 2pm with Ken Cole presiding. Burial will follow in Llano Cemetery.
Robert was born on October 24, 1939 in Tulia, Texas. He was a graduate of Silverton High School. After high school, he attended West Texas State College where he earned his Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture. During his time in college, he was a member of the Block and Bridle Fraternity. Following college, he was the long time owner of Hill's Landscaping Company in Amarillo. Keeping in the landscape business, he became the Grounds Supervisor for Llano Cemetery for many years. He attended St Stephen's United Methodist Church, and was a lifetime member of the Masonic Lodge of Silverton, Texas. Robert always saw the good in everyone he met.
Robert is survived by his beloved Oleta of Amarillo, sons Greg Hill and wife Karen of Midland, Michael Hill and wife Wendy of Slaton; and stepson Larry Kelly of Amarillo. Robert also leaves behind six grandchildren, five great-grandchildren (and one on the way), his sister Susie and husband Dick Reid of Midland, two nieces and nephews; and his beloved dog Mollie whom was his companion, and who he spoiled rotten. Robert is preceded in death by his son Robert Monroe Hill.
- Oleta Hill, Wife
- Greg Hill, Son
- Karen Hill, Daughter-in-law
- Michael Hill, Son
- Wendy Hill, Daughter-in-law
- Larry Kelly, Stepson
- Susie Reid, Sister
- Dick Reid, Brother-in-law
- Robert was preceded in death by his son, Robert Monroe Hill. He leaves behind six grandchildren; five great-grandchildren, (and one on the way); two nieces and nephews; and his beloved dog Mollie to cherish his memory
- Josh Foraker
- Jason Davis
- JJ Embry
- Dwain Tipton
- Eric Patton
- Doug McJimsey
- DJ Flagel , Honorary Bearer
- Chris Flagel , Honorary Bearer
- Ryan Flagel , Honorary Bearer
- Dillon Flagel , Honorary Bearer
- Visitation Wednesday, August 7, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, August 8, 2019
IN THE CARE OF