Silvestre Morales Cervantes
December 31, 1929 – July 28, 2018
Silvestre Morales Cervantes was born December 31,1929 to Pablo and Cecilia Cervantes in Amarillo. He married Ofelia Castellano in 1952 in Tucumcari, NM. He worked for Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railways for 44 years. He was a kind, loving, giving man his family was very important to him. He was a life long member at Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church. He will be deeply missed by all who knew and loved him.
He is preceded in death by his loving wife, his parents, a sister Margarita Tarazon and a brother Jose Cervantes.
He is survived by his children Oralia Garcia and husband Lance of Amarillo, Ernesto Cervantes and wife Marie of Amarillo, Maria DeLeon and husband Arnold of Borger, Cecilia Rodriguez and husband Johnny of Amarillo. Two sisters Aurora Cervantes and Sofia Munoz both of Nuevo Casas Grandes Chihuahua Mexico. Three brothers Ernesto, Casimiro, and Joel Cervantes also of Nuevo Casa Grandes Chihuahua, Mexico. Ten grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
- Oralia Garcia, Daughter
- Lance Garcia, Son-in-law
- Ernesto Cervantez, Son
- Marie Cervantez, Daughter-in-law
- Maria DeLeon, Daughter
- Arnold DeLeon, Son-in-law
- Cecilia Rodriquez, Daughter
- Johnny Rodriquez, Son-in-law
- Aurora Cervantes, Sister
- Sofia Munoz, Sister
- Ernesto Cervantes, Brother
- Casimiro Cervantes, Brother
- Joel Cervantes, Brother
- Silvestre was preceded in death by his parents Pablo and Cecilia Cervantes; sister, Margarita Tarazon; brother, Jose Cervantes; and his wife loving Ofelia Castellano. He also leaves behind ten grandchildren and four great-grandchildren to cherish his memory.
- Amanda Pugh, Pallbearer
- Cedric Rodriguez, Pallbearer
- Sergio Rodriguez, Pallbearer
- Matt Cervantes, Pallbearer
- Sarah DeLeon, Pallbearer
- Adam DeLeon, Pallbearer
- Ana DeLeon, Pallbearer
- Elise McIntosh, Pallbearer
- Little Ernie Cervantez, Honorary Pallbearer
- Alicia Cervantes, Honorary Pallbearer
- Ronnie Benavidez, Honorary Pallbearer
- Rosary Thursday, August 2, 2018
- Visitation Thursday, August 2, 2018
- Mass of Christian Burial Friday, August 3, 2018