Tim Junior Farris
April 24, 1930 – May 7, 2019
Tim Junior Farris, 89, of Amarillo passed away on Tuesday, May 7, 2019.
The family will receive guests on Friday, May 10, 2019 from 5pm to 7pm at Memorial Park Funeral Home; 6969 E. Interstate 40 in Amarillo. Funeral Services will be held on Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 2pm in the funeral home’s Chapel of Memories with Andy DeHart and Micah Muerer presiding. Tim will be laid to rest in the Memorial Park Cemetery, Garden of Peace.
Tim was born on April 24, 1930 in Lancaster, Texas to Addie Farris (Bingham) and Willie “Bill” Leroy Farris. After leaving school, he joined the United States Army. Upon completion of his enlistment, Tim would obtain his GED. He worked for many years as a Foreman and Maintenance Man in the Coal industry before retiring in the early 90’s. Retirement brought many new hobbies in his life. He enjoyed hunting when he could get away, fishing as often as possible, and traveling as much as he could. If a pastime could be mentioned, it would have been his love of the lottery. When he moved into the Thomas E. Creek VA Community Living Center, he found new joy in playing Bingo.
Tim is preceded in death by his son little Tim, and daughter Becky; parents, and three sisters. Those left to cherish Tim’s memory are his son Lawrence Farris and spouse Mindy, stepson Billy Warner, daughter Marla Farris-Holmes; five grandchildren, eight great grandchildren; brothers Leroy, Jerry Don, and Bill, sister Yvonne Hataway; and many other nieces, nephews, and loving family.
- Lawrence Farris, Son
- Mindy Farris, Daughter-in-law
- Billy Warner, Son
- Marla Farris-Holmes, Daughter
- Leroy Farris, Brother
- Jerry Don Farris, Brother
- Bill Farris, Brother
- Yvonne Hataway, Sister
- Tim was preceded in death by his son little Tim and daughter Becky parents, Addie Farris (Bingham) and Willie "Bill" Leroy Farris: three sisters. He leaves four grandchildren, five great-grandchildren, eight-great-grandchildren and many nieces, nephews and other loving family members and friends to cherish his memory.
- Billy Warner
- Tim Arnold
- Timothy Scolavino
- Carey Thompson
- Gary Kalmbacher
- Steve Hyatt
- Joel Pyle, Honorary Bearer
- Visitation Friday, May 10, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, May 11, 2019
IN THE CARE OF