Cecelia M. Morton
September 15, 1939 – November 8, 2018
Cecelia Morton, 79, passed away Thursday, November 8, 2018, at Mercy Hospice in Johnston. Visitation will be on Sunday, November 11, 2018, from 4-6 p.m., with a rosary service at 6:00 p.m., at St. Mary’s Catholic Church (460 NW Washington Ave, Elkhart, IA 50073). Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10:00 a.m., Monday, November 12, 2018, at the church. Burial will follow at Elkhart Cemetery.
Cecelia was born September 15, 1939, in Portsmouth, Iowa, to Michael and Isabelle (Foxhoven) Stein. She graduated from Harlan High School in 1957. She was united in marriage to Donald Morton on November 29, 1958 in Harlan. They welcomed four children. Cecelia waitressed at the restaurant in Best Western in Ankeny for many year.
Cecelia was a member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Elkhart. In her free time she enjoyed cooking, gardening, watching Wheel of Fortune and RFD TV. She loved spending time with her great grandchildren and traveling to Arizona with Donald for the winter.
Cecelia is survived by her husband of almost 60 years, Donald; children: Diane (Keith) Peterman, Judy Morton, Colleen (Jeff) Ross; grandson, James (Caitie) Corbett and great grandchildren, Jimmy and Fiona Corbett. She is preceded in death by her son, Mike Morton.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mary’s Catholic Church or Mercy Hospice Johnston.
- James Corbett, Casket Bearer
- Mike Stein, Casket Bearer
- Keith Peterman, Casket Bearer
- Jeff Ross, Casket Bearer
- Bruce Morton, Casket Bearer
- Jerry Morton, Casket Bearer
- Brad Stein, Honorary Bearer
- Dan Morton, Honorary Bearer
- Tim Morton, Honorary Bearer
- St. Mary's Catholic Church
- Mercy Hospice
- Visitation Sunday, November 11, 2018
- Rosary Service Sunday, November 11, 2018
- Mass of Christian Burial Monday, November 12, 2018