William "Bill" John Hollinrake
September 24, 1960 – November 10, 2018
William “Bill” John Hollinrake, 58, of Ankeny, Iowa, passed away peacefully at home on November 10, 2018. He was born September 24, 1960 to Leo and Wilma (Beary) Hollinrake in Des Moines, Iowa.
He was preceded in death by his father Leo and father-in-law Kenneth Forburger. He is survived by his mother Wilma and mother-in-law Darlene Forburger; his wife Jean of 26 years; three children, John, Jennifer, and Justin; his siblings Joan Gideon, Colleen Hollinrake, Debra (Garry) Caldbeck, and David (Sharon) Hollinrake; and many loving nieces, nephews, and extended family.
Bill grew up in Des Moines, attended St. Anthony’s Catholic School and graduated from Lincoln High School in 1979. Following graduation, he continued his education at Iowa State University, where he received a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. Later in life he would further his education by receiving a master’s degree in education from Drake University.
He met the love of his life, Jean Forburger in 1988 and the couple was married June 27, 1992. They met upon Bill’s return from flight school with the Iowa Army National Guard. Bill would go on to serve his country for twenty years before retiring as a Captain with 1 Squadron 113 Cavalry, Sioux City. Bill was a professor at DMACC teaching computer languages and took pride in his role with developing distance learning classes.
Bill enjoyed watching sports, especially Iowa State basketball and the NBA. He also enjoyed spending time with family, supporting his children in their endeavors, and going out to eat.
He was a loving son, brother, great husband, and wonderful father. Memorial contributions may be directed to the family.
- Jean Hollinrake, Wife
- John Hollinrake, Son
- Jennifer Hollinrake, Daughter
- Justin Hollinrake, Son
- Leo Hollinrake, Father
- Wilma Hollinrake, Mother
- Kenneth Forburger, Father-in-law
- Darlene Forburger, Mother-in-law
- His siblings Joan Gideon, Colleen Hollinrake, Debra (Garry) Caldbeck, and David (Sharon) Hollinrake; and many loving nieces, nephews, and extended family.
- Justin Hollinrake, Pallbearer
- David Hollinrake, Pallbearer
- Jason Hollinrake, Pallbearer
- Brad Gideon, Pallbearer
- Paul Gideon, Pallbearer
- Ryan Caldbeck, Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, November 15, 2018
- Vigil Service Thursday, November 15, 2018
- Mass of Christian Burial Friday, November 16, 2018