Carl Dexter Wilkins
December 12, 1941 – July 28, 2018
Jacksonville – Funeral services for Mr. Carl Dexter Wilkins, 76 will be Monday, July 30, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. at Jacksonville Emmanuel Holiness Church at 509 Oak Ave Jacksonville, Al with Rev. Michael Sanderson, Rev William Cain, and Rev.Tim Phillips officiating with burial to follow at Greenlawn Cemetery. The family will receive friends Sunday night at the church from 6-8 p.m. Mr. Wilkins passed on Saturday, July 28, 2018 at his home surrounded by family and friends. Mr. Wilkins is survived by his wife of 57 years, Mary Estes Wilkins; son, Tim (Pam) Wilkins; daughter, Karla (Jeff) Sullivan; grandchildren, Scott (Christy) Wilkins, Cliff (Kasey) Williams, Rashae (Wesley) Hartness, and Alyssa (Michael) Brown; ten great-grands, Logan, Annabell, Baylee, Taylor, Brayden, Shelby, Dalton, Layton, Landry, and Brycen; sisters, Margie Camp, and Glenda McWhoter; sister-in-laws, Ingrid Wilkins, and Sue Wilkins; and several nieces and nephews. Pallbearers will be grandsons, Scott, Cliff, Wesley, Michael, Jay, and Blake. Mr. Wilkins was proceeded in death by his parents, Sula and Clifton Wilkins; brothers, Jackie and Sonny Wilkins; and sister, Lonette Barnwell. Mr. Wilkins was a native and lifelong resident of Calhoun County. He was a beloved father, grand and great-grandfather who loved his family and touched many lives, to know him was a blessing. He was retired from Goodyear after 30 years, a deacon and a Sunday school teacher. At the family request flowers will be accepted or donations to be made to Jacksonville Emmanuel Holiness Church. The family wishes to extend a special thanks to Amedisys Hospice of Rainbow City and Gadsden City Pharmacy.
- Mary Estes Wilkins, Wife of 57 years
- Tim (Pam) Wilkins, Son
- Karla (Jeff) Sullivan, Daughter
- Scott (Christy) Wilkins, Cliff (Kasey) Williams, Rashae (Wesley) Hartness, and Alyssa (Michael) Brown, Grandchildren
- Logan, Annabell, Baylee, Taylor, Brayden, Shelby, Dalton, Layton, Landry and Brycen, Ten Great-Grandchildren
- Margie Camp and Glenda McWhoter, Sisters
- Ingrid Wilkins and Sue Wilkins, Sisters-in-law
- Several -, Nieces and Nephews
- Sula and Clifton Wilkins, Deceased Parents
- Jackie and Sonny Wilkins, Deceased Brothers
- Lonette Barnwell, Deceased Sister
- Visitation Sunday, July 29, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, July 30, 2018
Carl Dexter Wilkins
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
July 30, 2018
I'm sorry for your loss. May the God of all comfort be with you during this difficult time. You have my condolences.
Bill and Heidi Cagley
July 28, 2018
We are sorry for your loss and our prayers are with you and your family. Love you all !