Doris Nell Cotton
December 24, 1930 – May 3, 2020
Graveside service for Mrs. Doris Nell Cotton, 89, of Anniston, will be at 11:30 am Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at Edgemont Cemetery with Dr. Todd Stewart and Rev. Randall Reeves officiating. Mrs. Cotton passed away on Sunday, May 3, 2020 at Cleburne County Nursing home.
Mrs. Cotton is survived by her daughter, Vicki Pontero (Dennis), son, Mike Cotton: grandchildren, Jason Cotton, Jennifer Harcrow, and Jeremy Pontero; great grandchildren, Lindsey Finch, Dylan Pontero, Addison Jenkins, Baylie Jenkins, Jacob Sean Cotton, Maisa Cotton, Christian Cotton, Ezekial Cotton, Christina Cotton, Ashleigh Cotton, and Jasmine Cotton and several great great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Cotton is preceded in death by her husband, Jerre Cotton; grandson, Jacob Cotton; daughter in law, Jill Cotton and sister, Johnnie Hyder
Pallbearers will be family and friends.
Mrs. Cotton was a native of Anniston. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Saks.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to First Baptist Church of Saks Building Fund.
Online condolences may be made at www.chapelhillfh.com
- Vicki Pontero (Dennis), Daughter
- Mike Cotton, Son
- Jason Cotton, Grandson
- Jeremy Pontero, Grandson
- Jennifer Harcrow, Granddaughter
- Lindsey Finch, Great Grandchild
- Dylan Pontero, Great Grandchild
- Addison Jenkins, Great Grandchild
- Baylie Jenkins, Great Grandchild
- Sean Cotton, Great Grandchild
- Maisa Cotton, Great Grandchild
- Christian Cotton, Great Grandchild
- Ezekial Cotton, Great Grandchild
- Christina Ceotton, Great Grandchild
- Ashleigh Cotton, Great Grandchild
- Jasmine Cotton, Great Grandchild
- Several, Great great great-grandchild
- Jerre Cotton, Husband (deceased)
- Jacob Cotton, Grandson (deceased)
- Jill Cotton, Daughter in Law (deceased)
- Johnnie Hyder, Sister (deceased)
Learn more about the Cotton name
Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Doris Nell Cotton
May 5, 2020
Please accept my deepest condolences and sincere sympathy in the loss of your precious mom. Doris was a wonderful lady, always with a smile and a kind word for you. Vicki, I love you my friend and will always remember the kindness and compassion Jerre D and Doris showed me while my own mom was so sick....Doris told me during one of the visits to my home that God was watching over me and when He saw me getting tired He would be right by my side. I know you are tired and full of wonderful memories, just know God is right there with you through all the heartache and pain and He will give you the peace and comfort you need 🕊🕊