Eddy George Brown
April 20, 1949 – February 11, 2020
Funeral services for Mr. Eddy George Brown, 70, of Ohatchee, will be Friday, February 14, 2020 at 2 p.m. at Chapel Hill Funeral Home with Rev. Andy Brown and Rev. Rick Foote officiating. The family will receive friends from 12:00 until the service time. Burial to follow at Maple Grove Cemetery. Mr. Brown passed on Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at home.
Mr. Brown is survived by his wife Phyllis Brown, of 27 years; daughter, Carrie Woodward (Jon); step-son, Jeff Kerr; grandsons, Jake Woodward and Zack Kerr; granddaughters, Sierra Kerr and Audry Roulerson; 4 great-grandchildren; brothers, Hascal Brown (Donna) and Royce Brown (Carol); sister, Elaine Fondren (Larry) and a host of nieces and nephews.
Pallbearers are Jerry Brown, Matt Brown, Chance Williams, Austin Taylor, Zach Kerr and Tyler Bishop. Honorary pallbearers are Greg Turner and Eddie Vice.
Mr. Brown was preceded in death by his parents, Vaden and Vessie Brown; brothers, Maeford Brown, Joel Brown, Curtis Brown, Rex Brown, Doyce Brown and Artey Brown; sisters, Geraldine Lehr and Myra Curvin; step-daughter, Deborah Brock
Mr. Brown was a hard worker, dedicated husband wonderful loving father and PawPaw. He was a “PawPaw” to so many and left a smile on many faces. He never met a stranger and gave many hugs. To know him was to love him. His daughter was the light of his life, Grandson Jake was his world, granddaughter Sierra hung the moon and his daily sunshine.
Mr. Brown was a member of Lloyd’s Chapel Baptist Church. He retired after 38 years of service from Goodyear Tire and Rubber to be a full time PawPaw.
Condolences may be left at www.chapelhillfh.com
- Phyllis Brown, Wife
- Carrie Woodward (Jon), Daughter
- Jeff Kerr, Step-Son
- Jake Woodward, Grandson
- Zack Kerr, Grandson
- Sierra Kerr, Granddaughter
- Audry Roulerson, Granddaughter
- Four, Great Grandchildren
- Hascal Brown (Donna), Brother
- Royce Brown (Carol), Brother
- Host, Nieces and Nephews
- Vaden and Vessie Brown, Parents (deceased)
- Maeford Brown, Brother (deceased)
- Joel Brown, Brother (deceased)
- Curtis Brown, Brother (deceased)
- Rex Brown, Brother (deceased)
- Doyce Brown, Brother (deceased)
- Artey Brown, Brother (deceased)
- Geraldine Lehr, Sister (deceased)
- Myra Curvin, Sister (deceased)
- Deborah Brock, Step-Daughter (deceased)
- Visitation Friday, February 14, 2020
- Funeral Service Friday, February 14, 2020