Elizabeth Nell Conner
December 27, 1925 – September 3, 2018
Elizabeth Nell Rollings Conner, beloved daughter, cousin, wife, mother, aunt, grandmother, great grandmother, volunteer, friend, neighbor, and child of God departed this earthly life for a heavenly home on Monday, September 3, 2018.
Only child of Charles Walker and Mary Sue Seibold Rollings, born December 31, 1925, she grew up near the “Y” in Claysville and lived most of her life in Marshall County, Alabama. She attended Snead College. In 1948, she married Thomas Lewis (T.L.) Conner and gave birth to six children – Martha Sue (who died in infancy), Denise (Davis), Linda, Charles (Donna), Mike (who died in 2014) (Cheryl), and Tommy (Kim). She delighted in grandchildren Jason (Debbie), Joseph (Krista), Michelle (Jon), Beth (Billy), great grandchildren Abbie, Slade, Aiden, and Kenneth, and great great grandchild Grechyn. She was an active grandparent often caring for them as parents worked.
She was a busy farmer’s wife, laboring in the fields alongside her family while also maintaining a home, garden, and active volunteer life through Mt. High United Methodist Church, Lattiwood Homemakers Club, and Farm Bureau.
She enjoyed reading and traveling to Navy Ship Reunions; she was an avid Wheel of Fortune player, and in later years enjoyed dominoes (winning games regularly, no matter who was playing!). She had a fun sense of humor, and was a marvelous letter write and teller of stories.
Having finished her earthly life she now rests from her labors, but lives on in the hearts of those who loved her. A celebration of Christ’s Resurrection and service of thanksgiving for her life will be held at Mt. High UM Church on Wednesday, September 5 at 11:00. Visitation will be from 10-11 am. She will be buried near her childhood home in a family plot at Henryville Cemetery. In lieu of sending flowers, share some with someone who is lonely. Memorials may be directed to Mt. High UM Church, Henryville UM Church Cemetery Fund, or the charity of your choice.
- Thomas Lewis " T.L." Conner, Husband
- Martha Sue (died in infancy), Denise (Davis), Linda, Charles (Donna), Mike ( Died in 2014), Cheryl and Tommy (Kim), Children
- Jason (Debbie), Joseph (Krista), Michelle (Jon), and Beth (Billy), Grandchildren
- Abbie, Slade, Aiden and Kenneth, Great-Grandchildren
- - Grechyn, Great-Great-Grandchild
- Mt. High UM Church, Henryville UM Church Cemetery Fund
- Visitation Wednesday, September 5, 2018
- Celebration of Life Wednesday, September 5, 2018
- Burial Wednesday, September 5, 2018