Ernest Ray Goggans
January 11, 1933 – May 10, 2018
On May 10th, 2018, Ernest Ray Goggans, 85, of Saks, went home to spend eternity with Jesus and loved ones gone before. Funeral services will be held on Monday, May 14th, 2018, 2 p.m. at Gray Brown Service Mortuary with Rev. Judge Glenn Goggans officiating. Burial will follow at Maple Grove Cemetery. The family will receive friends on Monday, from 1-2 p.m at the funeral home.
Survivors include his daughters, Sharon Goggans Bright of Pleasant Valley, and Shannon Goggans Underwood (Bill) of Fruithurst; sons, Gregory V. Goggans (Kathy) of Douglasville, GA, and Glenn Goggans (Delane) of Wetumpka; grandchildren, Matthew V. Goggans (Nana), Hannah Bright Snyder (Dustin), Haleigh Bright, Will, Andrew and Ben Goggans, Dakota and Hunter Underwood; great grandchildren, Brayden, Bryant, and Juliana Ruth Snyder; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Mr. Goggans is preceded in death by his beloved wife of 60 years, Jimmie Ruth Goggans; parents Rev. Harvey L. Goggans and Maude Goggans. Mr. Goggans was the last of a family of twelve brothers and sisters.
Pallbearers will be Will, Andrew, and Ben Goggans, Matthew Goggans, Dakota and Bill Underwood.
Mr. Goggans was a native of Dekalb County and lived in Calhoun County for most of his life and was of the Baptist faith. He was also a beloved husband, father, and grandfather. Mr. Goggans was a Korean War Veteran and a Alabama Crimson Tide fan.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society or a charity of your choice.
- Sharon Goggans Bright, Daughter
- Shannon Goggans Underwood (Bill), Daughter
- Gregory V. Goggans (Kathy), Son
- Glenn Goggans (Delane), Son
- Matthew V. Goggans (Nana), Grandson
- Will, Andrew and Ben Goggans, Grandsons'
- Dakota and Hunter Underwood, Grandsons'
- Hannah Bright Snyder (Dustin), Granddaughter
- Haleigh Bright, Granddaughter
- Brayden and Bryant Snyder, Great Grandsons'
- Juliana Ruth Snyder, Great Granddaughter
- and numerous, nieces and nephews
- Jimmie Ruth Goggans, Wife
- Rev. Harvey L. Goggans, Father
- Maude Goggans, Mother
- Mr. Goggans was the last of twelve, brothers and sisters
- Visitation Monday, May 14, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, May 14, 2018