November 21, 1921 – April 4, 2019
Funeral services for Ethel Thompson Barker, 97 of Anniston will 3:00 pm, Sunday, April 7, 2019 at Gray Brown-Service Mortuary with Rev. Adam Smith and Chris Sparks officiating. Burial will follow at Forestlawn Gardens. The family will receive friends at the funeral home from 1:00-3:00 pm prior to the service.
Mrs. Barker passed away, Thursday, April 4, 2019 at Anniston RMC.
She is survived by her sons, Michael Barker and his wife Gayle of Weaver, AL and Patrick Barker and wife Page of Bradenton, FL; her grandchildren, Jason Barker and wife Leann of Weaver, Laura Barker of Gulf Shores and Audrey Reed and husband Tim of Pinnacle, NC.; seven great-grandchildren, sisters, June Shields and Barbara Martin; brother, Dean Thompson; and numerous nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her husband of 66 years, L. V. Barker.
Pallbearers are Dale Cole, Bill Barker, Rodney Barker, Harold Barker, Donnie Sparks and Michael Yancey. Honorary Pallbearers are Terry Langdale and Ronald Barker.
Mrs. Barker resided in Anniston for the last 78 years. She was founder of Saks Art Club and taught art classes in her studio “Tanglewood” for many years. She was a woman of strong faith and was a Charter Member of Saks United Methodist in Saks, AL.
- Michael Barker and his wife Gayle, Son
- Patrick Barker and his wife Page, Son
- Jason Barker and wife Leann, Grandchild
- Laura Barker, Grandchild
- Audrey Reed and husband Tim, Grandchild
- Seven (7), Great-Grandchildren
- June Shields, Sister
- Barbara Martin, Sister
- Dean Thompson, Brother
- Numerous -, Nieces and Nephews
- Dale Cole
- Bill Barker
- Rodney Barker
- Harold Barker
- Donnie Sparks
- Michael Yancey
- Terry Langdale, Honorary Pallbearer
- Ronald Barker, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation at Gray Brown-Service Mortuary Sunday, April 7, 2019
- Funeral Service 3pm at Gray Brown Sunday, April 7, 2019